After being admitted to the Tokyo Bar Association in 2013, Yusuke Hatakeyama worked in a Japanese law firm dealing with international transactions particularly focused on the Asian region. He has also served in the Economic Treaties Division of the International Legal Affairs Bureau in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan as a lawyer and diplomat. He has outstanding expertise and a deep understanding of interpretative and legislative procedures related to economic treaties through his involvement in negotiation and legal analysis for many free trade agreements and economic partnership agreements, including the Trans-Pacific Partnership and Japan-EU Economic Partnership Agreement. Since joining MHM Singapore in 2017, he has focused on cross-border M&A, joint venture and corporate governance issues in South East Asia and South Asia.
- International Practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance
- Comments by Yusuke Hatakeyama, attorney-at-law, were featured in an Bloomberg BNA article titled "CPTPP Commission Tackles Dispute Settlement at First Meeting (1)" published on January 17, 2019
- Mar. 16, 2019External Seminars
- "5th General Assembly of The Japanese Association of International Business Law～New trends in rules of origin: Comparison of CPTPP and Japan-EU FTA～"
- Nov. 29, 2018External Seminars
- "Preparation for the Mega-FTAs: Points of attention on Rules of Origin of CPTPP and Japan-EU FTA"
- Magazine Article
- "New Trends in Rules of Origin: CPTPP (TPP 11 Agreement) and the FTA Between Japan and the European Union"
- Magazine Article
- "Recent Trends in Legislation for Singapore Listed Companies: The Revised Code of Corporate Governance and Introduction of Listing with Dual Class Share Structure"
- "Handbook for Rules Against Bribery of Foreign Public Officials for Companies Expanding Overseas"
- Institut d'etudes Européennes, Université Libre de Bruxelles (2006-2007)
- International Christian University (B.A, 2008)
- The University of Tokyo, School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Social Treaties Division, Economic Treaties Division, International Legal Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2015-2017)
- International Trade and Investment Dispute Settlement Division, Economic Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2016-2017)
- Chief of Tokyo Eighth East Branch, Youth Group, Urasenke Tankokai (2009-2010)
- Member of International Committee of Tokyo Bar Association (2014-2017)
- Member of The Japanese Association of International Business Law (2014-)
- Member of European Union Studies Association Japan (2016-)
- Member of Asian Society of International Law (2018-)
admitted in Japan, 2013
Tokyo Bar Association
Registered Foreign Lawyer in Singapore, 2017