admitted in Japan, 1977
Daini Tokyo Bar Association
admitted as a Patent Attorney
- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Corporate Governance
- Chuo University (LL.B., 1973)
- Professor at Aoyama Gakuin University Law School (2004-2007)
- Chuo University Graduate School of Law (LL.D., 2006)
- Visiting Professor of Law at Aoyama Gakuin University Law School (2007- )
- Visiting Professor of Law at Chuo University Law School (2007- )
- Director of Law and Computer Association of Japan (1980-)
- Director of The Copyright Law Association of Japan (1985-)
- Member of Copyright Section Group, Cultural Council, Agency for Cultural Affairs (1993-)
- Professor of Civil Procedures at Legal Training and Research Institute, Supreme Court of Japan (1997-2000)
- Member of Operation Committee, Copyright Institute, Copyright Information Center (1999-)
- Member of Investigative Commission for Program Making in Broadband Age, Ministry of Public Management, Home Affairs, Posts and Telecommunications (2002-)
- Chairman of Legal Training and Research Committee, Japan Federation of Bar Associations (2003-)
- Director of Entertainment Lawyers Network (2004-)
- Chairperson of Research Group on Contents Evaluation and Business Models, Agency for Cultural Affairs (2004-)
- Chairperson of Study Group on Asset Pricing Method for Music Copyright and Funding by Using Music Copyright, Agency for Cultural Affairs (2005-2006)
- Director (standing in for Chairperson) of Network Distribution and Copyright System Foundation (2008-)
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the sixth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Top rankings received from Chambers Global 2015
- Top rankings received from Chambers Asia 2015
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the fifth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- 23 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in Asia Law & Practice's "Asia law Leading Lawyers 2014: The Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Lawyers"
- Public Service
- Two proposals adopted at "Network Distribution and Copyright Forum"
- Firm News
- Our firm held a seminar to commemorate its merger with Max Law Offices and hosted a reception afterward
- Firm News
- Merger with Max Law Offices
- Oct. 14, 2005MHM Seminars
- a seminar to commemorate its merger with Max Law Offices
- Book Article
- "Legal Issues Concerning Publishing: Theory and Practice"
- "Decision of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York Recognizing Fair Use in the Google Books Case"
- "Legal Counseling regarding Intellectual Property Licenses (revised)"
- "Commentary on the Decision to Disapprove the Google Books Settlement Proposal"