admitted in Japan, 1980; New York State, 1984
Daini Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
- University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1978)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M., 1983)
- Trainee at Sullivan & Cromwell, New York (1983-1984)
- Resident Partner, Hamada & Matsumoto, London office (1987-1989)
- Planning Committee Member of Japan Investor Relations Association (1994)
- Member of Financial Law Board (1998)
- Corporate Auditor, Monex Securities Ltd. (2000)
- Director of IR Academy (2001)
- Member of Advisory Board, NTT Docomo, Inc. (2003)
- Member of Disciplinary Committee, JASDAQ Securities Exchange (2005)
- Director General and Member of Editorial Board, Japan Financial ADR/Ombudsman Study Group (2007)
- Member of Asia Debt Listing Study Group, Waseda University Global COE (Center of Excellence) (2010)
- Member, Working Group of Financial Services Agency on the Disclosure System (2010)
- Expert Member, Financial System Council, Financial Services Agency (2012)
- Top ranking received in "Who's Who Legal: Capital Markets 2016"
- Top rankings received from Chambers Global 2016
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the seventh edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Top rankings received from Chambers Asia 2016
- Top ranking received in "Who's Who Legal: Banking 2016"
- Top ranking received in "Who's Who Legal: Japan 2015"
- Comments from Toru Ishiguro and Katsumasa Suzuki published on ALB August Issue
- Comments from Toru Ishiguro, Takahiro Kobayashi, Taro Omoto published on ALB August Issue
- Comments from Toru Ishiguro published on The Lawyer June Issue
- Public Service
- Report released by the Working Group on Disclosure Systems formed by the Financial Services Agency, in which Toru Ishiguro serves as a member
- May 28, 2009External Seminars
- "ALB In-house Legal Summit Tokyo 2009"
- Jun. 19, 2008 - Jun. 20, 2008External Seminars
- "ALB Managing Partners Asia Forum"
- Magazine Article
- "What Response Does the Corporate Governance Code Require? Concepts of Board Evaluation and Functions of Outside Directors"
- Book Article
- "Emergence and Development of Law Firms in Japan"
- "Fund Raising and Capital Markets"
- "Internal Control & IR: From the perspective of Scholars and Practitioners"
- "Finance-related Services at Law Firms (Vol. 3): Mori Hamada & Matsumoto"