- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2018
- Top rankings received in The Nikkei's "Corporate Legal Affairs and Lawyer Survey 2017"
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Public Service
- Japan Association of Corporate Executives (Keizai Doyukai) expresses opinions on the "Working Group on Approach to Systems Related to Financial Groups" (as summarized by Vice Chairman Toru Ishiguro at the International Financial Markets Committee)
- Comments from Toru Ishiguro and Katsumasa Suzuki published on ALB August Issue
- Comments from Toru Ishiguro, Takahiro Kobayashi, Taro Omoto published on ALB August Issue
Toru Ishiguro：Legal Topics
- May 28, 2009External Seminars
- "ALB In-house Legal Summit Tokyo 2009"
- Jun. 19, 2008 - Jun. 20, 2008External Seminars
- "ALB Managing Partners Asia Forum"
- Magazine Article
- "Evaluation of the Board of Directors and Function of the Outside Directors"
- Book Article
- "Emergence and Development of Law Firms in Japan"
- "Fund Raising and Capital Markets"
- University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1978)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M., 1983)
- Trainee at Sullivan & Cromwell, New York (1983-1984)
- Resident Partner, Hamada & Matsumoto, London office (1987-1989)
- Planning Committee Member of Japan Investor Relations Association (1994)
- Member of Financial Law Board (1998)
- Corporate Auditor, Monex Securities Ltd. (2000)
- Director of IR Academy (2001)
- Member of Advisory Board, NTT Docomo, Inc. (2003)
- Member of Disciplinary Committee, JASDAQ Securities Exchange (2005)
- Director General and Member of Editorial Board, Japan Financial ADR/Ombudsman Study Group (2007)
- Member of Asia Debt Listing Study Group, Waseda University Global COE (Center of Excellence) (2010)
- Member, Working Group of Financial Services Agency on the Disclosure System (2010)
- Expert Member, Financial System Council, Financial Services Agency (2012)
admitted in Japan, 1980; New York State, 1984
Daini Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association