- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the 10th edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Ninth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Eighth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Public Service
- Susumu Masuda became the Member of First Instance Body (FIB) for Club Licensing, Japan Professional Football League
- Magazine Article
- ”Conflict-of-Law Rules for "Rights in Rem" and "Security Interests"”
- " “Current Status on Enforcement of Foreign Judgment in Pacific Rim Countries (Japan･Korea･China･America･Australia)”(“Preface and Chapter 5 Japan・Summary of the Course”) "
- "Overview of the Recent Enactment "International Jurisdiction" in Japan"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1980)
- Joined Mori Sogo Law Offices (1982)
- University of Washington, School of Law (LL.M., 1986)
- with Lillick, McHose & Charles (presently, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP), Los Angeles (1986-1987)
- Member of the drafting committee (UNIDROIT) for Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment (Cape Town Convention) (1994-1998)
- Japanese Delegate for Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment (Cape Town Convention) (1999-2001)
- Lecturer in Law at Keio University Law School (2004-2007)
- Member of New Bar Examination Committee (Private International Law) (2004-2007)
- Professor at Omiya Law School (International Business Transaction) (2005-2010)
- Professor at Keio University Law School (2007-)
- Visiting Professor at University of Melbourne, Law School (2015-2016)
- Financial Service Committee of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) (1994-)
- Vice Chairman of Foreign Lawyers and International Legal Practice Committee, Japan Federation of Bar Associations (2003-)
- Member of Advisory Committee on Law on Innovative Space Activities, The Society of Japanese Aerospace Companies (2008-)
- Member of Committee on Jurisdiction of Legal Professions and Unauthorized Practice of Law, Japan Federation of Bar Associations (2008-)
- Member of First Instance Body (FIB) for Club Licensing, Japan Professional Football League (2018-)
- Financial Regulations/Financial Law Study Group
- Structured Finance Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 1982; California (1987; inactive status)
Daini Tokyo Bar Association