- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Governance
- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- 36 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw PROFILES' "Asia law Leading Lawyers 2020"
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the 10th edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2019
- Public Service
- Hajime Tanahashi became a director of the Japan Academic Society for Ventures and Entrepreneurs
- Public Service
- Hajime Tanahashi became the Institutional Conflict of Interests Surveillance Committee, University of Tokyo
- Public Service
- Hajime Tanahashi became an Expert Member of the Public-Private Innovation Program Subcommittee of the National University Corporation Evaluation Committee at the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science & Technology
Hajime Tanahashi：Legal Topics
- Oct. 21, 2014External Seminars
- IBA Annual Conference 2014"Deal certainty and contingent consideration"
- Oct. 31, 2008 - Nov. 1, 2008External Seminars
- "Venture Capital Financing in Japan"
- Jul. 28, 2005MHM Seminars
- a seminar regarding takeover defenses
- Magazine Article
- "Cross-Border Stock-for-Stock Mergers: Amendment to the Industrial Competitiveness Enhancement Act"
- Book Article
- "Changes in M&A"
- "Chambers Global Practice Guides Corporate M&A 2019 - Japan Chapter"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.,1990)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M.,1996)
- with Davis Polk & Wardwell (1996-1997)
- with Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (1997-1998)
- Member of Private Equity Finance Committee, Ministry of International Trade and Industry (2000-2001)
- Member of Committee for Disclosure by Start-up Companies, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2001)
- Member of Sub-committee for Creation and Development of Start-ups, Industrial Structure Council, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2002)
- Lecturer at Waseda Law School (2005-)
- Lecturer at Seikei Law School (2006-2010)
- Lecturer at Kyoto University Law School (2007-2016)
- Member of Committee for Creation and Growth of Start-ups, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2007-2008)
- Corporate Auditor of UD Trucks Corporation (formerly Nissan Diesel Motor Co., Ltd.) (2008-2012)
- Member of Fund Case Study Group, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2008)
- Member of Emerging Markets Committee, Japan Securities Dealers Association (2008-2009)
- Listed Arbitrator for The Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (2008-)
- Director and Member of Industrial Innovation Committee, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan (Currently INCJ Limited) (2009-)
- Member of Committee on Unlisted Companies with Class Shares, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2011)
- Member of the Investment Committee of Hiroshima Innovation Network Inc. (HINet) (2011-), Investment Supervisor (April 2018-)
- Expert Member of Public-Private Innovation Program Subcommittee, National University Corporation Evaluation Committee, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science & Technology (2013-)
- Institutional Conflict of Interests Surveillance Committee, University of Tokyo (2017-)
- Member of Assessment Committee for Proposed Investee Companies, Organization for Small & Medium Enterprises and Regional Innovation, JAPAN (2017-)
- Director of The Japan Academic Society for Ventures and Entrepreneurs（2018-）
- M&A Practice Group
- Venture Business/Equity Fund Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 1992; New York, 1997
Daini Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
American Bar Association