- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
- Top rankings received from "IAM Patent 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Professionals 2020"
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in a OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: Parliament passes bill to amend APPI" published on June 5, 2020
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in an OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: APPI revision includes "strengthening regulations of cross-border data transfers"" published on December 5, 2019
- Public Service
- Atsushi Okada became the member of Advisory Committee on Data Utilization, Recruit Co., Ltd.
Atsushi Okada：Legal Topics
- Feb. 19, 2020External Seminars
- "Data protection regulations in the pharmaceutical industries ~Japan, Thailand and USA~"
- Jan. 31, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Frontier in AI, IoT and Big Data, and new regulations for digital markets"
- Jan. 29, 2020MHM Seminars
- "Digital Health and Law"
- Magazine Article
- "Patent litigation in Japan"
- Book Article
- "Regulations on Autonomous Cars and MaaS Businesses"
- Magazine Article
- "Key Points Regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic and Cybersecurity"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2001)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M., 2007)
- with Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Silicon Valley (2007-2008)
- Harvard University (Certificate in Applied Sciences 2008)
- Lecturer at Rikkyo University, College of Law and Politics (Patent and Trademark Laws) (2010-2011)
- Visiting Professor of the Graduate School of Business, Aoyama University (Copyright Law) (2011-)
- Advisor for Damage from Counterfeit Products, Japan Institute for Promoting Invention and Innovation (2012)
- Lecturer for the Infringement Litigation Training Program for Patent Attorneys at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (2015-)
- Member of Study Group on AI and Data Contract Guidelines, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (concurrently serving as the chair of a working group for the study group) （2017-）
- Member of Examination Committee on Subsidy to Promote Industrial Data Sharing for FY 2017, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2018)
- Expert Member of Study Group on Data Contract Guidelines in Agricultural Sector, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries（2018-）
- Member of Japan Patent Attorneys Association's "Working Group for Reviewing Training Curriculums in Response to Revisions to the Patent Attorney Act" (2018-)
- Senior Researcher at Policy Alternatives Research Institute, the University of Tokyo (2018-)
- Member of Examination Committee on Contract Guidelines for the Project to Accelerate Cooperation in the Global Venture Ecosystem (Startup Factory Establishment Project) (2018-)
- Lecturer for Mandatory Training at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (Amended Unfair Competition Prevention Act and Data-Related Business) (2019-)
- Technical Committee Member, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) (2019-)
- Member of Study Group on Global Data & AI utilization System and Management, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI) (2019-)
- Member of the "Review Meeting for Smart City Architecture," Cabinet Office (2019-)
- Advisory Member of Connected Industries Open Framework Promotion Committee, Industrial Value Chain Initiative (2019-)
- Senior Researcher at Institute for Future Initiatives, the University of Tokyo (2019-)
- Member of Study Group on Data Utilization for Increasing the Sophistication of Trading Operations, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2019-)
- Advisor to Japan DPO Association (2019-)
- Member of Advisory Committee on Data Utilization, Recruit Co., Ltd. (2019-)
- Intellectual Property Practice Group
- International Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Robotics Practice Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
- Fintech Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2002; New York, 2008
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association