- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the 10th edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry's "Study Group on AI and Data Contract Guidelines" project, in which Atsushi Okada serves as a member, receives a special award in the "Data Management Award" held by JDMC
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019
- Public Service
- Atsushi Okada became the Technical Committee Member, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO)
- Public Service
- Atsushi Okada became the member of Study Group on Global Data & AI utilization System and Management, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI)
- Public Service
- Atsushi Okada became the lecturer for Mandatory Training at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (Amended Unfair Competition Prevention Act and Data-Related Business)
Atsushi Okada：Legal Topics
- Jul. 16, 2019External Seminars
- "IAPP Asia Privacy Forum 2019 -Free Flow of Data Between the EU & Japan: After Major Mutual Adequacy Decisions-"
- Jul. 10, 2019External Seminars
- "Trade Secret Protection – Legislation, Practice, and Enforcement"
- Jun. 5, 2019External Seminars
- ”Practical overview of the AI/Data Contract Guidelines”
- Magazine Transcript
- "Data Management in the Age of AI/IoT"
- "The Financial Technology Law Review Second Edition - Japan Chapter"
- Book Article
- "Lecture on Modern Contract Law: Detailed Discussion Part 2"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2001)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M., 2007)
- with Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Silicon Valley (2007-2008)
- Harvard University (Certificate in Applied Sciences 2008)
- Lecturer at Rikkyo University, College of Law and Politics (Patent and Trademark Laws) (2010-2011)
- Visiting Professor of the Graduate School of Business, Aoyama University (Copyright Law) (2011-)
- Advisor for Damage from Counterfeit Products, Japan Institute for Promoting Invention and Innovation (2012)
Lecturer for the Infringement Litigation Training Program for Patent Attorneys at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (2015-)
- Member of Study Group on AI and Data Contract Guidelines, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (concurrently serving as the chair of a working group for the study group) （2017-）
- Member of Examination Committee on Subsidy to Promote Industrial Data Sharing for FY 2017, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2018)
- Expert Member of Study Group on Data Contract Guidelines in Agricultural Sector, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries（2018-）
- Member of Japan Patent Attorneys Association's "Working Group for Reviewing Training Curriculums in Response to Revisions to the Patent Attorney Act" (2018-)
- Senior Researcher at Policy Alternatives Research Institute, the University of Tokyo（2018-）
- Member of Examination Committee on Contract Guidelines for the Project to Accelerate Cooperation in the Global Venture Ecosystem (Startup Factory Establishment Project) (2018-)
- Lecturer for Mandatory Training at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (Amended Unfair Competition Prevention Act and Data-Related Business) (2019-)
- Technical Committee Member, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) (2019-)
Member of Study Group on Global Data & AI utilization System and Management, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI) (2019-)
- Intellectual Property Practice Group
- International Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Robotics Practice Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
- Fintech Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2002; New York, 2008
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association