- Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
- Disputes/Dispute Resolution
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- Top rankings received in The Nikkei's "Corporate Legal Affairs and Lawyer Survey 2019"
- 35 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw PROFILES' "Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2020"
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in an OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: APPI revision includes "strengthening regulations of cross-border data transfers"" published on December 5, 2019
- Public Service
- Atsushi Okada became the member of Advisory Committee on Data Utilization, Recruit Co., Ltd.
- Public Service
- Hiroyuki Tanaka became an Advisor to Japan DPO Association
Atsushi Okada：Legal Topics
- Jan. 31, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Frontier in AI, IoT and Big Data, and new regulations for digital markets"
- Jan. 29, 2020MHM Seminars
- "Digital Health and Law"
- Jan. 28, 2020External Seminars
- "Potential amendments to Japanese data protection law"
- Book Article
- "Handbook for Capital and Business Alliances"
- Magazine Article
- "Data Compliance Practices in M&A (Agreements)"
- Magazine Article
- "Legal Issues concerning IoT Advanced Technology - Part 3: Connected Cars and Japan's Legal System"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2001)
- Harvard Law School (LL.M., 2007)
- with Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Silicon Valley (2007-2008)
- Harvard University (Certificate in Applied Sciences 2008)
- Lecturer at Rikkyo University, College of Law and Politics (Patent and Trademark Laws) (2010-2011)
- Visiting Professor of the Graduate School of Business, Aoyama University (Copyright Law) (2011-)
- Advisor for Damage from Counterfeit Products, Japan Institute for Promoting Invention and Innovation (2012)
- Lecturer for the Infringement Litigation Training Program for Patent Attorneys at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (2015-)
- Member of Study Group on AI and Data Contract Guidelines, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (concurrently serving as the chair of a working group for the study group) （2017-）
- Member of Examination Committee on Subsidy to Promote Industrial Data Sharing for FY 2017, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2018)
- Expert Member of Study Group on Data Contract Guidelines in Agricultural Sector, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries（2018-）
- Member of Japan Patent Attorneys Association's "Working Group for Reviewing Training Curriculums in Response to Revisions to the Patent Attorney Act" (2018-)
- Senior Researcher at Policy Alternatives Research Institute, the University of Tokyo (2018-)
- Member of Examination Committee on Contract Guidelines for the Project to Accelerate Cooperation in the Global Venture Ecosystem (Startup Factory Establishment Project) (2018-)
- Lecturer for Mandatory Training at the Japan Patent Attorneys Association (Amended Unfair Competition Prevention Act and Data-Related Business) (2019-)
- Technical Committee Member, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) (2019-)
- Member of Study Group on Global Data & AI utilization System and Management, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI) (2019-)
- Member of the "Review Meeting for Smart City Architecture," Cabinet Office (2019-)
- Advisory Member of Connected Industries Open Framework Promotion Committee, Industrial Value Chain Initiative (2019-)
- Senior Researcher at Institute for Future Initiatives, the University of Tokyo (2019-)
- Member of Study Group on Data Utilization for Increasing the Sophistication of Trading Operations, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (2019-)
- Advisor to Japan DPO Association (2019-)
- Member of Advisory Committee on Data Utilization, Recruit Co., Ltd. (2019-)
- Intellectual Property Practice Group
- International Dispute Resolution Practice Group
- Robotics Practice Group
- Healthcare Practice Group
- Fintech Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2002; New York, 2008
Daini-Tokyo Bar Association
New York State Bar Association