Broad experience in providing support for the restructuring and rehabilitation of businesses
The success of our sizable insolvency practice is a result of our broad experience in representing different parties in bankruptcy disputes and claim collection activities. We act on behalf of debtors, creditors, and financial advisers, in all types of Japanese bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings, out-of-court workouts, and pre-packaged reorganizations involving listed companies and small and medium-sized enterprises. Our lawyers also serve as administrative receivers and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings.
We draw upon the expertise of our corporate, M&A, and finance practices in increasingly complex insolvency cases. We are consistently retained in pioneering transactions that involve a variety of corporate, M&A, and financing techniques in conjunction with insolvency proceedings, including corporate demergers, securitizations, debtor-in-possession financings, asset-backed lending, debt-equity swaps, and debtor-in-possession related corporate reorganizations. The depth and breadth of our practice enable us to provide a comprehensive range of services in transactions and proceedings involving financially distressed companies.
We also serve as a one-stop law firm for international insolvency and restructuring cases by working in close collaboration with major overseas law firms.
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Ninth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
- Top Rankings in "Asialaw Profiles 2018: The Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Domestic and Regional Law Firms"
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Eighth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Jan. 24, 2018External Seminars
- "The reform of the Japanese FSA and challenges for financial institutions"
- Nov. 28, 2017External Seminars
- "The reform of the Japanese FSA and challenges for lending business (Osaka)"
- Nov. 27, 2017External Seminars
- "The reform of the Japanese FSA and challenges for lending business (Tokyo)"
- Oct. 25, 2017External Seminars
- "Recent developments in financial administration and challenges for compliance"
- Jul. 24, 2017External Seminars
- "The frontline of financial monitoring"
- "The Legal 500: 2nd Edition Restructuring & Insolvency Comparative Guide"
- "Explanation Based on Business Situations: How Corporate Practice Will Change Due to the Civil Code Amendment"
- Magazine Article
- "News on Japan: A Community for Those Involved in Antimonopoly Regulation"
- Book Article
- "Legal 500 Restructuring & Insolvency"
- Magazine Article
- "Key Points for Takeovers of Companies in Voluntary Liquidation"