With offices across Asia and a network that spans the world, we have developed from a Japanese firm to a global one, providing international legal services in diverse practices from M&A and other corporate transactions to compliance and dispute resolution
With our knowledge of and experience with the Chinese legal and business environment, we help clients succeed in China
We provide comprehensive and sound legal service for clients conducting business in Korea, drawing on our accumulated experience and knowledge of Korea-Japan business practice.
Japanese and Taiwanese lawyers who know actuals of Taiwan compose team and support cases.
We offer a broad range of advice for corporations and regional management companies conducting business in Singapore
We provide comprehensive legal support for clients conducting business in Thailand, drawing on our considerable “on-the-ground” knowledge and capabilities in Thailand augmented by our recent business integration with a leading Thai law firm.
We have abundant experience working on Myanmar-related matters and are uniquely equipped to advise clients in a broad range of matters in Myanmar, as Myanmar opens up to foreign investment
We have many years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of legal matters relating to Vietnam
We provide broad legal support for clients conducting business in Indonesia based on our deep understanding of the legal environment and business practices in Indonesia
We provide comprehensive legal support for corporations entering and operating in the Philippines
We provide comprehensive legal support built on our long experience advising clients on a wide variety of transactions and matters in Malaysia
With a deep understanding of the latest developments in law and business practices, we are well placed to advise clients on a broad range of matters relating to Cambodia. Matters relating to Cambodia and its emerging markets are efficiently handled through our various regional offices in Bangkok, Singapore, and Yangon
With a deep understanding of legal and business practices in the Mekong region, we are well placed to advise on a broad range of matters relating to Laos
Our firm is a pioneer in providing legal advice for our clients on a broad range of corporate transactions and legal matters relating to India
We are able to provide broad support for corporations entering and operating in Bangladesh by drawing upon our knowledge and experience in Bangladesh and other emerging economies
With our knowledge and experience in Sri Lanka, we advise clients in entering and operating in Sri Lanka
We are advising our clients in their corporate activities, investments, and legal matters with respect to the laws of the EU and its member states
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Latin America
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Turkey and the Middle East
We provide comprehensive support for Japanese companies conducting business with Israel.
We provide legal support for corporations entering or operating in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
We provide a broad range of legal support for Japanese businesses throughout Africa
We are experienced in advising clients regarding their international business and operations as they relate to investment treaties, World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, and other trade laws
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.4 (July 2018)
A brief comparison of AIAC and SIAC
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.3 (April 2018)
Arbitration in Thailand
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.2 (March 2018)
BANI vs BANI
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Ninth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Firm selected as a shortlisted law firm in Asialaw Asia-Pacific Legal Practice Awards 2017
- Firm receives awards at ALB Japan Law Awards 2017
- Public Service
- Firm's lawyers and licensed tax accountants submit a report for "Research on Preferential Tax Systems in Asian Countries" commissioned by the Ministry of Finance
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Eighth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Jun. 29, 2018External Seminars
- "Mock International Arbitration -Toward Early Dispute Resolution of Standard Essential Patents (SEPs)in the 5G Era-"
- Mar. 15, 2018External Seminars
- "Business and Human Rights Due Diligence"
- Sep. 20, 2017External Seminars
- "Regulations and Compliance in the Japanese Online Gaming Market"
- Jul. 4, 2017External Seminars
- "Comparative Analysis of the Legal Framework and Market Practice for Infrastructure／PPP in Australia／UK and in Japan"
- May 17, 2017External Seminars
- "Japan 2017 In-House Legal Summit"
- Magazine Article
- "Practical Tips for GDPR Compliance (Privacy Notices, Data Processing Agreements, and Data Security)"
- Magazine Article
- "Special Administrative Measures on Access to Foreign Investment (Negative List) (2018 Version)"
- "Trends in Enactment of the Chinese "Foreign Investment Law""
- "Trends in Easing of Regulations on Foreign Investment in China"
- "Trends in Simplification of Establishment and Modification Procedures for Foreign-Affiliated Enterprises in China"