With offices across Asia and a network that spans the world, we have developed from a Japanese firm to a global one, providing international legal services in diverse practices from M&A and other corporate transactions to compliance and dispute resolution
With our knowledge of and experience with the Chinese legal and business environment, we help clients succeed in China
We provide comprehensive and sound legal service for clients conducting business in Korea, drawing on our accumulated experience and knowledge of Korea-Japan business practice.
Japanese and Taiwanese lawyers who know actuals of Taiwan compose team and support cases.
We offer a broad range of advice for corporations and regional management companies conducting business in Singapore
We provide comprehensive legal support for clients conducting business in Thailand, drawing on our considerable “on-the-ground” knowledge and capabilities in Thailand augmented by our recent business integration with a leading Thai law firm.
We have abundant experience working on Myanmar-related matters and are uniquely equipped to advise clients in a broad range of matters in Myanmar, as Myanmar opens up to foreign investment
We have many years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of legal matters relating to Vietnam
We provide broad legal support for clients conducting business in Indonesia based on our deep understanding of the legal environment and business practices in Indonesia
We provide comprehensive legal support for corporations entering and operating in the Philippines
We provide comprehensive legal support built on our long experience advising clients on a wide variety of transactions and matters in Malaysia
With a deep understanding of the latest developments in law and business practices, we are well placed to advise clients on a broad range of matters relating to Cambodia. Matters relating to Cambodia and its emerging markets are efficiently handled through our various regional offices in Bangkok, Singapore, and Yangon
With a deep understanding of legal and business practices in the Mekong region, we are well placed to advise on a broad range of matters relating to Laos
Our firm is a pioneer in providing legal advice for our clients on a broad range of corporate transactions and legal matters relating to India
We are able to provide broad support for corporations entering and operating in Bangladesh by drawing upon our knowledge and experience in Bangladesh and other emerging economies
With our knowledge and experience in Sri Lanka, we advise clients in entering and operating in Sri Lanka
We are advising our clients in their corporate activities, investments, and legal matters with respect to the laws of the EU and its member states
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Latin America
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Turkey and the Middle East
We strongly support trade and business between Japan and Israel.
We provide legal support for corporations entering or operating in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
We provide a broad range of legal support for Japanese businesses throughout Africa
We are experienced in advising clients regarding their international business and operations as they relate to investment treaties, World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, and other trade laws
- MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.5 (April 2019)
- 1. Liberalisation of the insurance sector to foreign investment. / 2. Lifting of the ban on import licenses for foreign service providers
- Establishment of the Myanmar Competition Commission
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the 10th edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Comments by Yusuke Hatakeyama, attorney-at-law, were featured in an Bloomberg BNA article titled "CPTPP Commission Tackles Dispute Settlement at First Meeting (1)" published on January 17, 2019
- Top rankings received in The Nikkei's "Corporate Legal Affairs and Lawyer Survey 2018"
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Ninth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Firm selected as a shortlisted law firm in Asialaw Asia-Pacific Legal Practice Awards 2017
- May 26, 2019 - May 28, 2019External Seminars
- "LESI (Licensing Executives Society International) 2019 Annual Conference"
- May 13, 2019MHM Seminars
- "Latest Practices for Operation and Establishment of an Effective Whistleblowing System (Certification of Whistleblowing System, Amendment to the Act on the Protection of Whistleblowers, Global Whistleblowing System, etc.)"
- Apr. 23, 2019External Seminars
- "AI SUM 2019 (Applied AI Summit)"
- Apr. 9, 2019External Seminars
- ”IP law practice and AI/Data Contract Guidelines”
- Mar. 16, 2019External Seminars
- "5th General Assembly of The Japanese Association of International Business Law～New trends in rules of origin: Comparison of CPTPP and Japan-EU FTA～"
- Magazine Article
- "Business Law: Latest Updates and Practices in Business and Human Rights - Including the Australian Modern Slavery Act and Practices in M&A"
- Book Article
- "Legal Advice on Patent Law and Utility Model Law II (Latest Seirin Legal Advice 22)"
- Magazine Article
- "New Trends in Rules of Origin: CPTPP (TPP 11 Agreement) and the FTA Between Japan and the European Union"
- Magazine Article
- "Recent Developments in Chinese Laws (230): Establishment and Influence of Foreign Investment Law"
- Book Article
- "Lecture on Modern Contract Law: Detailed Discussion Part 2"