With offices across Asia and a network that spans the world, we have developed from a Japanese firm to a global one, providing international legal services in diverse practices from M&A and other corporate transactions to compliance and dispute resolution
With our knowledge of and experience with the Chinese legal and business environment, we help clients succeed in China
We provide comprehensive and sound legal service for clients conducting business in Korea, drawing on our accumulated experience and knowledge of Korea-Japan business practice.
Japanese and Taiwanese lawyers who know actuals of Taiwan compose team and support cases.
We offer a broad range of advice for corporations and regional management companies conducting business in Singapore
We provide comprehensive legal support for clients conducting business in Thailand, drawing on our considerable “on-the-ground” knowledge and capabilities in Thailand augmented by our recent business integration with a leading Thai law firm.
We have abundant experience working on Myanmar-related matters and are uniquely equipped to advise clients in a broad range of matters in Myanmar, as Myanmar opens up to foreign investment
We have many years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of legal matters relating to Vietnam
We provide broad legal support for clients conducting business in Indonesia based on our deep understanding of the legal environment and business practices in Indonesia
We provide comprehensive legal support for corporations entering and operating in the Philippines
We provide comprehensive legal support built on our long experience advising clients on a wide variety of transactions and matters in Malaysia
With a deep understanding of the latest developments in law and business practices, we are well placed to advise clients on a broad range of matters relating to Cambodia. Matters relating to Cambodia and its emerging markets are efficiently handled through our various regional offices in Bangkok, Singapore, and Yangon
With a deep understanding of legal and business practices in the Mekong region, we are well placed to advise on a broad range of matters relating to Laos
Our firm is a pioneer in providing legal advice for our clients on a broad range of corporate transactions and legal matters relating to India
We are able to provide broad support for corporations entering and operating in Bangladesh by drawing upon our knowledge and experience in Bangladesh and other emerging economies
With our knowledge and experience in Sri Lanka, we advise clients in entering and operating in Sri Lanka
We are advising our clients in their corporate activities, investments, and legal matters with respect to the laws of the EU and its member states
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Latin America
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Turkey and the Middle East
We strongly support trade and business between Japan and Israel.
We provide legal support for corporations entering or operating in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
We provide a broad range of legal support for Japanese businesses throughout Africa
We are experienced in advising clients regarding their international business and operations as they relate to investment treaties, World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, and other trade laws
- 1.Recent Central Bank of Myanmar (CBM) reforms 2.Enactment of the intellectual property laws 3.Implementation of the Condominium Law 4.Publication of the Payment of Wages Rules 5. Issue of Notification on trading of particular goods by foreign companies
- MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.5 (April 2019)
- 1. Liberalisation of the insurance sector to foreign investment. / 2. Lifting of the ban on import licenses for foreign service providers
- Firm News
- Samuel Franklin joins Mori Hamada & Matsumoto
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the 10th edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Comments by Yusuke Hatakeyama, attorney-at-law, were featured in an Bloomberg BNA article titled "CPTPP Commission Tackles Dispute Settlement at First Meeting (1)" published on January 17, 2019
- Top rankings received in The Nikkei's "Corporate Legal Affairs and Lawyer Survey 2018"
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Ninth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Jul. 27, 2019External Seminars
- 『Recent Developments in EU’s FTA on Origin Certification and the Japan-EU FTA』
- Jul. 23, 2019MHM Seminars
- "Managing Private M&A Deals in Singapore"
- Jul. 19, 2019External Seminars
- "AI/Data Contract Guidelines"
- Jul. 17, 2019MHM Seminars
- "New personal data protection law in Thailand"
- Jul. 16, 2019External Seminars
- "IAPP Asia Privacy Forum 2019 -Free Flow of Data Between the EU & Japan: After Major Mutual Adequacy Decisions-"
- Book Other
- "Introduction to Chinese Law [2nd ed.]"
- Magazine Transcript
- "Practical overview of the AI/Data Contract Guidelines"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: International Arbitration 2019 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- ""National Security" and Overseas Transfer of Technologies and Information"
- Magazine Article
- "Outlook for Due Diligence on Global Data Protection Based on the Latest GDPR Enforcement Cases (Part 1) - Incorporating Lessons Learned from Enforcement Cases in M&A"