Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
We have experienced lawyers who have expertise in the constantly evolving and increasingly complex areas of information technology, life sciences, and intellectual property. We provide a variety of legal services in response to the diverse legal needs of our clients in these fields. These legal services include advising on regulatory requirements, setting up business, corporate housekeeping, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Strong, flexible support to help growing information technology businesses
Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Advising clients facing complex problems with our broad experience handling disputes relating to information technology systems development
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：People
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Newsletters
- Japanese Virtual Currency Regulations take effect in April 2017
- Amendments of the Civil Aeronautics Act to Introduce the New Rules Restricting UAVs
- The Supreme Court ruled that the technical scope and subject matter of a product-by-process claim invention will cover the same products, even if the products are made by a different process from the claimed process
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：News
- Top rankings received from "Who's Who Legal: Data 2020"
- Firm ranks highly in World Trademark Review 1000 - The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals 2020
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2020
- Yutaka Miyoshi Recognized in WIPR Leaders 2020
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Seminars
- Feb. 19, 2020External Seminars
- "Data protection regulations in the pharmaceutical industries ~Japan, Thailand and USA~"
- Jan. 31, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Frontier in AI, IoT and Big Data, and new regulations for digital markets"
- Jan. 28, 2020External Seminars
- "Potential amendments to Japanese data protection law"
- Jan. 14, 2020External Seminars
- "OECD Global Conference on Governance Innovation"
- Dec. 9, 2019External Seminars
- "Business development using big data"
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Publications
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Meta Tags and "Use as Indication of Goods" Under the Unfair Competition Prevention Act - IP High Court Decision of October 10, 2019"
- "Analysis of Cabinet of Japan’s approved bill to amend APPI"
- "Chambers Global Practice Guides Cyber Security 2020 - Japan Chapter"
- Book Other
- "Copyright and Rules for Internet Business (2nd ed.) (Entertainment and Copyright - From First Steps to Actual Practice 5)"
- Magazine Article
- "Japan - Cookies & Similar Technologies"