Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
We have experienced lawyers who have expertise in the constantly evolving and increasingly complex areas of information technology, life sciences, and intellectual property. We provide a variety of legal services in response to the diverse legal needs of our clients in these fields. These legal services include advising on regulatory requirements, setting up business, corporate housekeeping, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Strong, flexible support to help growing information technology businesses
Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Advising clients facing complex problems with our broad experience handling disputes relating to information technology systems development
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：People
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Newsletters
- Japanese Virtual Currency Regulations take effect in April 2017
- Amendments of the Civil Aeronautics Act to Introduce the New Rules Restricting UAVs
- The Supreme Court ruled that the technical scope and subject matter of a product-by-process claim invention will cover the same products, even if the products are made by a different process from the claimed process
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：News
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
- Top ranking received in "Who's Who Legal: Japan 2018"
- Firm ranks highly in Managing Intellectual Property's "IP Stars Handbook 2018"
- Firm receives awards at ALB Japan Law Awards 2018
- Firm receives high evaluation in ALB IP Rankings 2018
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Seminars
- Nov. 19, 2018External Seminars
- "Policy and Strategy for Data Utilization"
- Oct. 19, 2018External Seminars
- "Blockchain and its Application to IP Management"
- Oct. 18, 2018External Seminars
- "Keynote speech: Japanese companies' GDPR compliance in anticipation of EU's adequacy decision"
- Oct. 16, 2018External Seminars
- "CEATEC JAPAN: Connected Industries Symposium 2018"
- Sep. 1, 2018External Seminars
- "Annual Conference of the University Network for Innovation and Technology Transfer (UNITT) "
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Publications
- "Getting the Deal Through - Cloud Computing 2019 - Japan Chapter"
- "Getting the Deal Through - Healthcare Enforcement & Litigation 2019 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: "Use" Under Article 2(1)(i) of Unfair Competition Prevention Act - Tokyo District Court Decision of May 11, 2018"
- Magazine Article
- "Reference for Researchers: Outlook for Legal and Intellectual Property Practice Concerning AI and Data Transactions"
- Book Article
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Cybersecurity 2019 - Japan Chapter"