Intellectual Property and Entertainment
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Our legal expertise covers licensing, joint research and development, technology transfers, and other aspects of intellectual property and entertainment practice. We provide advice, assistance, and representation with respect to the management and strategic use of intellectual property, filing and conducting trademark applications, personal information and privacy, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Our lawyers are also active in holding seminars and lectures (for the public and clients), and publishing articles on intellectual property.
Intellectual Property Management
Recent court cases in Japan have made it increasingly important for both large and small companies to give careful attention to the management of intellectual property rights generated in the course of day-to-day operations, particularly in terms of preventing the disclosure of trade secrets. We advise both start-up ventures and large corporations, as well as universities that handle technology transfers, in connection with internal policies and procedures to control, protect, and acquire intellectual property rights, and to increase corporate value through brand strategy.
Our trademark team comprises lawyers and a patent attorney who deal with all matters relating to trademarks, including preliminary investigations of trademarks, strategic trademark portfolio advice, applications for registration, transfers and other procedures, and procedures for invalidation. We provide total brand management and support to our clients, from pursuing trademark applications to dealing with infringement matters.
Entertainment and Sports
Our Entertainment Law Practice Group offers services for each phase of the production, acquisition, and distribution of commercial content, such as animated cartoons, motion pictures, games, photographs, books, and music. Our services include preparation of sponsorship and licensing agreements and dispute resolution in connection with performances and other events such as sporting events, art exhibitions, music festivals, and theatrical performances. Our lawyers have practical experience overseas and cooperate with our overseas offices in Asia and other international law firms to assist clients with the acquisition and development of content in multiple markets.
Intellectual Property and Entertainment：People
Intellectual Property and Entertainment：News
- Top ranking received in "Who's Who Legal: Japan 2017"
- Top ranking received in "Who's Who Legal: Japan 2016"
- Firm recognized in Asia Law & Practice's "Asialaw Profiles 2016: The Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Domestic Law Firms"
Intellectual Property and Entertainment：Seminars
- May 18, 2017External Seminars
- "Competition standards to maintain the order of economic competition"
Intellectual Property and Entertainment：Publications
- Magazine Article
- "Series: Explanation of Key Points - Contract Guidelines for AI and Data Utilization (Part 1): Data (1) General Introduction, Data-Provision-Type Contracts"
- Magazine Panel Discussion
- "Significance of and Future Outlook for Contract Guidelines for AI and Data Utilization"
- Book Article
- "Practical Guide to Patent Infringement Disputes - Solutions Based on Judicial Precedent and Future Outlook"
- Magazine Article
- "Civil Code Amendment and Project Management"
- Book Other
- "Nikkei FinTech - FinTech World Yearbook 2018-2019"