Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
The life sciences are a fast-changing arena. Aging populations and the increasing pace of globalization mark the life sciences as an important growth area attracting local and global interests. This field is also rapidly developing due to open innovation and the steady entry of new players including those from other industries. Innovations and novel ideas in the health and well-being sectors present new difficulties that require not only the clients’ knowledge in pharmaceuticals and medical sciences, but a comprehensive legal strategy as well.
We can provide full services for our clients with lawyers who are knowledgeable in several fields in the life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences. We advise both large and small pharmaceutical companies, research organizations, biotech start-ups, and other industry participants. Our expertise in the life sciences covers regulatory requirements on the licensing, manufacture, import, sale, and distribution of drugs, medical devices and equipment; contract negotiations; intellectual property disputes; and matters involving M&A, finance, corporate law, and consumer relations.
- Mar. 15, 2019MHM Seminars
- "Life sciences trends in the U.S.: FDA regulations and patent strategies"
- Apr. 26, 2017External Seminars
- ”Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights”
- Apr. 14, 2014MHM Seminars
- "Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights"
- "Getting the Deal Through - Healthcare Enforcement & Litigation 2020 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Commentary on a case on "Defense of Inefficacy" (Osaka High Court Decision of November 22, 2002 [ Aerosol Case ] )"
- "What is the Genetic Business? - Legal Issues and Effects on the Insurance Business"
- "FinTech World Yearbook 2019-2020"
- Magazine Article
- "[A Global Competition Review Special Report] Japan: E-Commerce"