Advice on a broad variety of general and complex matters based on the latest developments and risks in the dynamic area of labor law
Our Labor Law Practice Group provides advice on a comprehensive range of labor matters including human resources, employee benefits and compensation, and tax and regulations, in connection with general labor matters, complex business transactions, and disputes and litigation. We serve diverse clients, including companies, boards of directors, board committees, management teams, and individual employees, executives, and business owners.
With our history of engaging in a broad variety of general and complex labor matters, we are able to provide effective, practical, and innovative advice based on the latest developments and risks in labor law, other relevant law, and business practices. We also work seamlessly with lawyers from all our Practice Groups to provide a one-stop, full service solution for clients in connection with all types of business transactions and disputes.
Labor law is a dynamic area of law, as theory, interpretation, and practice continue to evolve, reflecting changes in the workplace and decisions of Japanese courts and authorities that modify past rulings. Labor disputes are growing rapidly with a number of new labor cases heard in recent years by courts or labor tribunals in Japan. We have the experience to advise businesses of all sizes and in all industries to uncover, understand, and address all types of risks relating to labor law.
Effective, practical, and innovative advice in a comprehensive range of labor matters
Combining years of experience with up-to-date research to advise clients in the changing area of employment disputes
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the sixth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Top rankings received from Chambers Asia 2015
- Top Ranking Received From Legal500 2015
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the fifth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Firm recognized in Asia Law & Practice's "Asialaw Profiles 2015: The Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Domestic Law Firms"
- Jan. 16, 2014MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 5: Mexico]
- Jan. 10, 2014 - Jan. 11, 2014External Seminars
- "Enterprise Law Conference"
- Dec. 19, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 4: Turkey]
- Dec. 5, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 3: Brazil]
- Nov. 21, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 1: South Africa]
- Book Article
- "Legal Advice on Confidentiality, Non-Competition, and Headhunting"
- "Case of Mitomi Kenzai Center and Other Companies (Prior Injunctive Relief for Propaganda Activities by the Labor Union) (Osaka High Court Decision of December 24, 2014)"
- "Analysis of Corporate Measures Against Sexual Harassment Based on a Supreme Court Decision"
- "The Japan Airlines Case (Unfair Labor Practices by Parent Company Against Union to which Employees of Subsidiary Belong) (Tokyo District Court Decision of September 22, 2014)"
- "Supreme Court Decision Validating Disciplinary Action for Sexual Harassment such as Making Sexual Comments - Outline of Decision of the First Petty Bench of the Supreme Court on February 26, 2015 (Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan Case)"