Advice on a broad variety of general and complex matters based on the latest developments and risks in the dynamic area of labor law
Our Labor Law Practice Group provides advice on a comprehensive range of labor matters including human resources, employee benefits and compensation, and tax and regulations, in connection with general labor matters, complex business transactions, and disputes and litigation. We serve diverse clients, including companies, boards of directors, board committees, management teams, and individual employees, executives, and business owners.
With our history of engaging in a broad variety of general and complex labor matters, we are able to provide effective, practical, and innovative advice based on the latest developments and risks in labor law, other relevant law, and business practices. We also work seamlessly with lawyers from all our Practice Groups to provide a one-stop, full service solution for clients in connection with all types of business transactions and disputes.
Labor law is a dynamic area of law, as theory, interpretation, and practice continue to evolve, reflecting changes in the workplace and decisions of Japanese courts and authorities that modify past rulings. Labor disputes are growing rapidly with a number of new labor cases heard in recent years by courts or labor tribunals in Japan. We have the experience to advise businesses of all sizes and in all industries to uncover, understand, and address all types of risks relating to labor law.
Effective, practical, and innovative advice in a comprehensive range of labor matters
Combining years of experience with up-to-date research to advise clients in the changing area of employment disputes
- 19 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw PROFILES' "Asia law Leading Lawyers 2018"
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Ninth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018
- Firm receives award at Asialaw Asia-Pacific Legal Practice Awards 2017
- Jan. 16, 2014MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 5: Mexico]
- Jan. 10, 2014 - Jan. 11, 2014External Seminars
- "Enterprise Law Conference"
- Dec. 19, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 4: Turkey]
- Dec. 5, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 3: Brazil]
- Nov. 21, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 1: South Africa]
- Magazine Article
- "Q&A: Corporate Legal Affairs - Handling Requests to Convert to an Indefinite-Term Labor Contract from a Fixed-Term Labor Contract"
- "Explanation Based on Business Situations: How Corporate Practice Will Change Due to the Civil Code Amendment"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Employment & Labour Law 2018 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Legal Lecture for Practical Use (37): Re-Employment and Extension of Retirement Age"
- "2018 Handbook for Labor Cases"