Advice on a broad variety of general and complex matters based on the latest developments and risks in the dynamic area of labor law
Our Labor Law Practice Group provides advice on a comprehensive range of labor matters including human resources, employee benefits and compensation, and tax and regulations, in connection with general labor matters, complex business transactions, and disputes and litigation. We serve diverse clients, including companies, boards of directors, board committees, management teams, and individual employees, executives, and business owners.
With our history of engaging in a broad variety of general and complex labor matters, we are able to provide effective, practical, and innovative advice based on the latest developments and risks in labor law, other relevant law, and business practices. We also work seamlessly with lawyers from all our Practice Groups to provide a one-stop, full service solution for clients in connection with all types of business transactions and disputes.
Labor law is a dynamic area of law, as theory, interpretation, and practice continue to evolve, reflecting changes in the workplace and decisions of Japanese courts and authorities that modify past rulings. Labor disputes are growing rapidly with a number of new labor cases heard in recent years by courts or labor tribunals in Japan. We have the experience to advise businesses of all sizes and in all industries to uncover, understand, and address all types of risks relating to labor law.
Effective, practical, and innovative advice in a comprehensive range of labor matters
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- Top rankings received in The Nikkei's "Corporate Legal Affairs and Lawyer Survey 2019"
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia Pacific 2020
- 35 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw PROFILES' "Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2020"
- Top Rankings in "Asialaw Profiles 2020: The Definitive Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Domestic and Regional Law Firms (24th edition) "
- Jul. 8, 2019External Seminars
- "The Latest Trend and Practical Issues over Whistleblowing System - with Certification of Whistleblowing System, Amendment to the Act on the Protection of Whistleblowers, and Global Whistleblowing System -"
- Jan. 16, 2014MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 5: Mexico]
- Jan. 10, 2014 - Jan. 11, 2014External Seminars
- "Enterprise Law Conference"
- Dec. 19, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 4: Turkey]
- Dec. 5, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 3: Brazil]
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Employment & Labour Law 2020 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Lawyer's Selection: Important Court Decisions on Labor - Vol. 232: Case of Kuwana City (Rounding Off Overtime Work Hours)"
- Magazine Article
- "Practical Changes and New Issues for Fintech due to Law Revisions (Part 5) - Salary Prepayment Services and Their Relationship to Labor Laws and Financial Regulations"
- Book Article
- "Q&A: Legal Affairs and Practices Related to Officers Concurrently Serving in Other Positions - Use of Human Resources in Corporate Groups"
- "Establishment of “Gig Economy Regulations” in the State of California, U.S."