World-class solutions for life and non-life global insurance businesses
The Japanese insurance market’s recent liberalization has created market entry opportunities and we have been at the forefront in helping non-Japanese clients to take advantage of these opportunities, drawing on our knowledge of the law and practice in this highly regulated sector.
In addition, regulation of the insurance sector is identified as a critical component of the global financial system. As a result, Japanese regulations now reflect international regulatory frameworks.
Our expertise encompasses insurance litigation, regulatory affairs, compliance, reinsurance, captive insurers, group restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, and financings. We provide solutions to clients engaged in global insurance markets.
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia Pacific 2018
- Top Rankings in "Asialaw Profiles 2018: The Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Domestic and Regional Law Firms"
- Top rankings received from Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
- Top rankings received from Chambers Asia 2016
- Firm recognized in Asia Law & Practice's "Asialaw Profiles 2016: The Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Domestic Law Firms"
- May 23, 2018External Seminars
- "JFSA’s new supervisory approaches and challenges for financial institutions"
- Apr. 25, 2018External Seminars
- "ADBI-JFSA-OECD Roundtable on Insurance and Retirement Saving in Asia"
- Jan. 24, 2018External Seminars
- "The reform of the Japanese FSA and challenges for financial institutions"
- Oct. 25, 2017External Seminars
- "Recent developments in financial administration and challenges for compliance"
- Jul. 24, 2017External Seminars
- "The frontline of financial monitoring"
- "The Financial Technology Law Review Edition 1 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Trends in InsurTech and Regulations and Customary Practices that Need Reforms"
- Magazine Article
- "Whether Using Genetic Information in "Risk Selection" is Permitted"
- Book Other
- "Nikkei FinTech - FinTech World Yearbook 2018-2019"
- "Explanation: What is InsurTech? Summary and Legal Issues"