Legal services tailored for the medical field, including pharmaceuticals and equipment manufacturers, bio-ventures, and medical institutions
We handle a wide range of matters in the pharmaceutical industry, including the manufacture and import of medical and pharmaceutical products and medical equipment, and investments in bio-ventures.
Our experience in this field includes mergers and acquisitions; strategic alliances in research, development, and distribution; intellectual property related transactions; pharmaceutical approvals; and financings. We have successfully handled important disputes relating to the termination of alliances and intellectual property rights, as well as crisis management unique to the pharmaceutical industry. Our practitioners are well-versed not only in the laws and regulations but also in the specific characteristics of the industry and its needs.
Medical Corporations and Institutions
Mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings involving medical corporations, which have become increasingly active in recent years, must take into account a complex set of laws, regulations, judicial precedents, and governmental notices and notifications, such as the Medical Care Act and corporate governance regulations. We are experienced in advising clients in this practice area and the relevant laws and regulations which undergo frequent revision by the authorities.
- Mar. 15, 2019MHM Seminars
- "Life sciences trends in the U.S.: FDA regulations and patent strategies"
- Book Article
- "Q&A: Digital Health and Law"
- Magazine Article
- "Regulations for Agricultural Products Developed by "Genome Editing Technology," such as "Tearless Onions" and "Potatoes with Non-toxic Eyes""
- "Getting the Deal Through - Healthcare Enforcement & Litigation 2020 - Japan Chapter"
- "Getting the Deal Through - Healthcare M&A 2019 - Japan Chapter"
- "What is the Genetic Business? - Legal Issues and Effects on the Insurance Business"