Utilizing our legal and tax knowledge and an international network of relevant professionals to provide strategic advice to our high net worth clients
We count among our clients a number of high net worth individuals who seek the strategic advice of our tax practitioners. The firm offers tailor-made solutions to address the diverse needs of these individual clients, who include private business owners, founders and major shareholders of listed companies, and private investors. Our services in this area are many and varied and include business succession planning, setting up trust funds to secure assets, advice for Japanese residents investing overseas, support in cross-border inheritance cases, and advice for high net worth, non-resident individuals investing in Japan. The Wealth Management Practice Group includes lawyers and tax accountants who are well-versed in Japanese and international corporate reorganizations, M&A, trusts, asset taxation, and international taxation. They also coordinate when necessary with a network of overseas firms and professionals.
- Public Service
- Firm's lawyers and licensed tax accounts submit a report for "Research on Countermeasures Against Inheritance Tax Avoidance in Foreign Countries" commissioned by the Ministry of Finance
- Mar. 2, 2017External Seminars
- "Hard Brexit" - Your new location: The Netherlands Tax and Legal Aspects -
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Private Client 2019 - Japan Chapter"
- Book Article
- "Legal and Tax Affairs in Business Transfers and M&As for Family Businesses"
- Book Article
- "Tax Law and Civil Law"
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Private Client 2018- Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Tax Reform 2017: Impacts on M&A Practice"