We are advising our clients in their corporate activities, investments, and legal matters with respect to the laws of the EU and its member states
We cooperate with law firms in the EU with whom we have worked with for many years to provide advice for our clients in a broad range of matters, including M&A, financing, transactions involving European corporations, structuring of investment trusts, and compliance relating to competition law, import and export laws, and other regulations.
With respect to corporate transactions, we have experience advising corporations entering markets, acquiring companies, and operating their businesses in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, and other countries in Europe. With respect to corporate finance transactions, we advise clients investing in European real estate funds and Japanese financial institutions participating in project finance in Europe. In the field of asset management, we advise clients on securities law including reporting and disclosure obligations for public or private offerings in Japan for investment trusts established in countries such as Luxembourg or Ireland. In the field of competition law, we advise clients on issues involving the laws of the EU and each member state in the EU. We cooperate with lawyers at the leading law firms in each of the member states to provide effective and appropriate advice for each of our clients depending on the client’s needs and circumstances.
We build and maintain a strong network with the leading law firms throughout the EU by holding joint seminars with other law firms and instituting secondment programs with other law firms to exchange lawyers. Our deal flow and activities with other law firms facilitate our knowledge of the latest legal developments in each country, which enable us to provide effective and relevant legal advice for our clients in all sorts of transactions and matters.
- Comments by Yusuke Takamiya were published on page 16 of the Nikkei in an article titled "EU Competition Policy Enters New Territory: Exposure of 'Technical Cartels' Shocks Companies"
- Public Service
- Firm's lawyers and licensed tax accounts submit a report for "Research on Countermeasures Against Inheritance Tax Avoidance in Foreign Countries" commissioned by the Ministry of Finance
- Jan. 27, 2022External Seminars
- "START-UP ECOSYSTEM AND IP TRANSACTION IN EU"
- Oct. 1, 2021External Seminars
- "Japamburg Summit 2021"
- May 10, 2021 - May 12, 2021External Seminars
- "3rd EU-Japan EPA Forum"
- Feb. 27, 2021External Seminars
- "Tariff elimination and rules of origin of Japan-EU EPA and Japan-UK EPA"
- Nov. 8, 2020External Seminars
- "European Union Studies Association-Japan (EUSA-Japan) The 41st Annual Conference - Rules of Origin of Japan-EU Economic Partnership Agreement: Towards the Dissemination of Advanced Rules"
- Magazine Article
- "Robotics Legal Consultation (83): What Regulations will be Introduced Under the EU Data Act?"
- "Outlook for Legal Practices in 2022 (3): Compliance with Foreign Personal Information Protection Regulations in 2022 - Practical Trends for compliance with GDPR, Chinese Personal Information Protection Law, CPRA, etc."
- Magazine Transcript
- "Trends in Global Cross-Border Data Transfer Regulations, Focusing on European New Standard Contractual Clauses"
- Book Article
- "Legal Affairs for Platform Businesses [2nd ed.]"
- Magazine Article
- "Law Firm Librarians' and Lawyers' Guide to the Most Basic of Basics of Legal Research (Part 5): Research on Cases, Laws and Regulations of EU Law and English Law"