Intellectual Property Disputes
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including Japanese and cross-border transactions and disputes
Intellectual Property Litigation - Japan
We have significant experience handling infringement cases regarding patents, trademarks, design rights, and copyrights, as well as litigation involving patent invalidation claims and employee inventions in Japan. With flexible team organization, we work on a wide range of large and small cases, in areas as diverse as electronics, optical equipment, semiconductors, telecommunications, information technology, pharmaceuticals, biological and life sciences, healthcare, and consumer goods.
Intellectual Property Litigation - Worldwide
With the globalization of corporate business activities, intellectual property disputes are often international in nature. Drawing on their experience in intellectual property litigation in Japan and knowledge and know-how obtained from training abroad, our lawyers are frequently involved in complex, multi-jurisdictional proceedings, working closely with other international law firms, with a view to achieving the best possible result for our client. With our overseas offices across Asia and our relationships with law firms around the world, we are well placed to handle the growing number of intellectual property disputes in Asia and the rest of the world. We have also been involved in cases brought before the International Court of Arbitration and other international bodies.
Intellectual Property Disputes：People
Intellectual Property Disputes：Publications
- Book Other
- "New Patent Act Commentary [2nd ed.] Vol.1"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Trademark Infringement Regarding Search Advertising - Osaka High Court Decision of April 20, 2017"
- "The System of Business Law–Intellectual Properties Law"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Issues regarding unfair competition (imitation of form of goods) in relation to displays at trade shows and protection of applied art by copyright - Intellectual Property High Court Decision of November 30, 2016"
- Book Article
- "Series on Practical Issues of Corporate Litigation: Internet Litigation"