Corporate and Commercial Disputes
Legal skills and experience necessary to ensure that your rights are protected
We have decades of litigation experience through one of our predecessor firms, Mori Sogo. We are often called upon to handle the most important corporate and commercial disputes that have the potential to materially impact the parties involved. Our litigation expertise extends to all manner of disputes involving corporate governance issues, including shareholder derivative lawsuits, securities litigation, appraisal rights, cases challenging the validity of director and shareholder resolutions, and injunctions to prevent various corporate activities.
Corporate and Commercial Disputes：People
Corporate and Commercial Disputes：News
- 13 of our lawyers were selected as Japan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2021 in Asia Business Law Journal
- Hiroshi Yamauchi Received High Evaluation From Euromoney’s White Collar Crime Expert Guide 2021
- Hiroshi Yamauchi Received High Evaluation From Euromoney’s White Collar Crime Expert Guide 2020
Corporate and Commercial Disputes：Seminars
- Dec. 13, 2023External Seminars
- "Initial Responses When Fraud and Misconduct are Discovered: Skills and Knowledge that Should be Possessed as a Person in Charge of Legal Affairs and Compliance"
- Jul. 15, 2020MHM Seminars
- "Making European Investments a Long-Term Success：Post-merger integration amid COVID-19 – with a view on Germany"
Corporate and Commercial Disputes：Publications
- "The Shareholder Rights And Activism Review Eighth Edition, Chapter 8 JAPAN"
- Magazine Article
- "Corporate Governance and the Executive Officer System"
- "Seminar on the New and Amended Companies Act: Examination of the 2014 and 2019 Amendments to the Companies Act"
- "Shareholders' Proposal and Proxy Fight [3rd ed.]”
- Magazine Article
- "Responding to Shareholder Proposals on Director Candidates - Possibility of Handling such Proposals with Japan's Version of the Prior Notification Clause"