Intellectual Property Disputes
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including Japanese and cross-border transactions and disputes
Intellectual Property Litigation - Japan
We have significant experience handling infringement cases regarding patents, trademarks, design rights, and copyrights, as well as litigation involving patent invalidation claims and employee inventions in Japan. With flexible team organization, we work on a wide range of large and small cases, in areas as diverse as electronics, optical equipment, semiconductors, telecommunications, information technology, pharmaceuticals, biological and life sciences, healthcare, and consumer goods.
Intellectual Property Litigation - Worldwide
With the globalization of corporate business activities, intellectual property disputes are often international in nature. Drawing on their experience in intellectual property litigation in Japan and knowledge and know-how obtained from training abroad, our lawyers are frequently involved in complex, multi-jurisdictional proceedings, working closely with other international law firms, with a view to achieving the best possible result for our client. With our overseas offices across Asia and our relationships with law firms around the world, we are well placed to handle the growing number of intellectual property disputes in Asia and the rest of the world. We have also been involved in cases brought before the International Court of Arbitration and other international bodies.
Intellectual Property Disputes：People
Intellectual Property Disputes：News
Intellectual Property Disputes：Seminars
- Oct. 26, 2017MHM Seminars
- "Trade Secrets Protection in the United States / New Federal Statute (DTSA) and Practical Response from the Perspective of Japanese Companies"
- Sep. 14, 2017MHM Seminars
- "Current Trends of Patent Infringement Litigation"
- Aug. 24, 2017MHM Seminars
- ”Current Trends of Patent Infringement Litigation”
- Apr. 14, 2014MHM Seminars
- "Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights"
Intellectual Property Disputes：Publications
- "Dangers of retweeting"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Misleading Indication of Quality, Etc. Under the Unfair Competition Prevention Act (Yatsuhashi Case) - Kyoto District Court Decision of June 10, 2020"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Enforcement of Foreign Judgments 2020 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Meta Tags and "Use as Indication of Goods" Under the Unfair Competition Prevention Act - IP High Court Decision of October 10, 2019"
- Book Article
- "Handbook for the Commercial Litigation Settelement"