We have a long history of experience in litigation and other forms of dispute resolution, and our expertise extends to the area of tax disputes. We are particularly active in advising clients in responding to tax investigations.
Our firm is structured in a way that enables and encourages our lawyers primarily practicing tax law to work as a team with our lawyers from many other Practice Groups that become relevant in tax litigation (for example, Intellectual Property, Finance, and M&A), which facilitates our smooth provision of comprehensive legal services and enables us to provide clients with successful litigation strategies. We have utilized our strengths to achieve an excellent track record in this area of law, as shown by the number of tax disputes in which we have achieved favorable outcomes on behalf of taxpayers.
Another important focus of our practice is on tax investigations. Our services in this field include the provision of advice at various stages of tax investigations, such as the planning of strategies in anticipation of litigation; legal discussions and resolution-oriented negotiations with investigators; and the submission of memorandums to the tax authorities.
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Enforcement of Foreign Judgments 2020 - Japan Chapter"
- Book Article
- "Handbook for the Commercial Litigation Settelement"
- Book Transcript
- "Changes in Business Succession"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: International Arbitration 2019 - Japan Chapter"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Enforcement of Foreign Judgments 2019 - Japan Chapter"