Supporting clients in their compliance with complex regulatory regimes
Seasoned advice in the area of financial regulation and communications with regulatory authorities
World-class solutions for life and non-life global insurance businesses
Leading-edge legal support for the increasingly complex and globalized field of payment transactions
High-value assets require well-regarded lawyers with extensive transaction experience
Tourism and business relevant to inbound are quite active in recent Japan because of government-wide policies and 2020 Olympic games in Tokyo. At the same time, more and more clients need legal advice for specific matters in accordance with the introduction of new laws and regulations such as Private Accommodation Business Act and Travel Agency Law.
A full service firm with practice areas crucial for matters relating to consumer law, including general corporate, dispute avoidance and resolution, and regulatory compliance
We provide one-stop services based on the latest knowledge in the automotive, aviation and maritime areas, where technological innovation is advancing.
Providing professional and detailed legal support telecommunications and radio wave-related industries
Regulatory/Regulated Transactions：Legal Topics
- New Regulations on Payment and Settlement and Cross-Sectional Financial Services Intermediaries (The Amendment of the Payment Services Act and the Act on Sales, etc. of Financial Instruments)
- MOF Released Draft Rules and Regulations to Implement New Japanese FDI Regulations
- Bill on Amendment to Japanese FDI Regulations
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2021
- Hiroki Habuka is listed in “Agile 50: The World’s 50 Most Influential People Revolutionising Government”
- Top Rankings in "asialaw Profiles 2021"
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2020
- Dec. 10, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Affairs for Digital Platform Businesses"
- Nov. 18, 2020External Seminars
- "Charting a way out of complexity: Portfolios, Systems and Anticipation"
- Sep. 29, 2020External Seminars
- "Japan Drone 2020 Drone Innovation Seminar “Legal risks and interpretations of drones from skilled pilots and lawyers”"
- Aug. 28, 2020External Seminars
- "Challenge of MONET Technologies and Legislative Developments Aimed at Carrying forward MaaS"
- May 20, 2020External Seminars
- "Disrupted industries – the example of the automotive industry, Part of the Virtual Entrepreneurship Conference"
- "Chambers Global Practice Guides Insurance & Reinsurance 2021 - Japan Trends and Developments"
- Magazine Article
- "Corporate Legal Affairs: Recent Trends Regarding STOs (Security Token Offerings)"
- "The Space Law Review – Japan Chapter"
- Book Article
- "Changing Rules - Business Laws as a Strategic Weapon"
- Magazine Article
- "Syndicate Loans and Permanent Cessation of Publication of LIBOR"