With offices across Asia and a network that spans the world, we have developed from a Japanese firm to a global one, providing international legal services in diverse practices from M&A and other corporate transactions to compliance and dispute resolution
With our knowledge of and experience with the Chinese legal and business environment, we help clients succeed in China
We provide comprehensive and sound legal service for clients conducting business in Korea, drawing on our accumulated experience and knowledge of Korea-Japan business practice.
Japanese and Taiwanese lawyers who know actuals of Taiwan compose team and support cases.
We offer a broad range of advice for corporations and regional management companies conducting business in Singapore
We provide comprehensive legal support for clients conducting business in Thailand, drawing on our considerable “on-the-ground” knowledge and capabilities in Thailand augmented by our recent business integration with a leading Thai law firm.
We have abundant experience working on Myanmar-related matters and are uniquely equipped to advise clients in a broad range of matters in Myanmar, as Myanmar opens up to foreign investment
We have many years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of legal matters relating to Vietnam
We provide broad legal support for clients conducting business in Indonesia based on our deep understanding of the legal environment and business practices in Indonesia
We provide comprehensive legal support for corporations entering and operating in the Philippines
We provide comprehensive legal support built on our long experience advising clients on a wide variety of transactions and matters in Malaysia
With a deep understanding of the latest developments in law and business practices, we are well placed to advise clients on a broad range of matters relating to Cambodia. Matters relating to Cambodia and its emerging markets are efficiently handled through our various regional offices in Bangkok, Singapore, and Yangon
With a deep understanding of legal and business practices in the Mekong region, we are well placed to advise on a broad range of matters relating to Laos
Our firm is a pioneer in providing legal advice for our clients on a broad range of corporate transactions and legal matters relating to India
We are able to provide broad support for corporations entering and operating in Bangladesh by drawing upon our knowledge and experience in Bangladesh and other emerging economies
With our knowledge and experience in Sri Lanka, we advise clients in entering and operating in Sri Lanka
We are advising our clients in their corporate activities, investments, and legal matters with respect to the laws of the EU and its member states
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Latin America
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Turkey and the Middle East
We strongly support trade and business between Japan and Israel.
We provide legal support for corporations entering or operating in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
We provide a broad range of legal support for Japanese businesses throughout Africa
We are experienced in advising clients regarding their international business and operations as they relate to investment treaties, World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, and other trade laws
- Announcement on Overtime Work by the Myanmar Investment Commission ("MIC")
- Asian Legal Insights Myanmar
- Recent lifting of the ban on the trading of shares by foreigners on the YSX, the recent activities of the Anti-Corruption Commission and the release of the report by the Independent International Fact-Finding Mission on Myanmar
- Interview of Yohsuke Higashi and Shintaro Okawa were featured in a M&A Online article about “Revisions to the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act and Strengthened Foreign Investment Regulations” published on December 20, 2019
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in an OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: APPI revision includes "strengthening regulations of cross-border data transfers"" published on December 5, 2019
- Comments by Yohsuke Higashi and Shintaro Okawa were published in the Nikkei Online edition in an article
- Firm News
- Samuel Franklin joins Mori Hamada & Matsumoto
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the 10th edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Dec. 10, 2019External Seminars
- "How to successfully enter the Japanese market"
- Nov. 29, 2019External Seminars
- "The Future of Global Licensing through the 4th Industrial Revolution and the K-Wave."
- Nov. 25, 2019External Seminars
- "Asia Pacific Mergers & Acquisitions Conference: Joint Ventures in Asia"
- Nov. 15, 2019External Seminars
- "Singapore Investment and Dispute Resolution Forum: Insights into Doing Business in ASEAN Countries"
- Nov. 11, 2019External Seminars
- "Latest CCPA Developments"
- Magazine Article
- "Outlook for Due Diligence on Global Data Protection Based on the Latest GDPR Enforcement Cases (Part 2) - Incorporating Lessons Learned from Enforcement Cases in M&A"
- "Revisions to the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act - Impacts on the Prior Notification and Screening System Regarding Inward Direct Investment, Etc."
- Magazine Article
- "Strategic Use of Economic Partnership Agreements towards Achieving a Better International Business Environment for Japanese Companies"
- Magazine Article
- "Recent Developments in Chinese Laws (235): Pharmaceutical Administration Law of the People's Republic of China (2019 Revisions)"
- "The Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Review – Japan Chapter"