Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
We have experienced lawyers who have expertise in the constantly evolving and increasingly complex areas of information technology, life sciences, and intellectual property. We provide a variety of legal services in response to the diverse legal needs of our clients in these fields. These legal services include advising on regulatory requirements, setting up business, corporate housekeeping, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Strong, flexible support to help growing information technology businesses
Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Advising clients facing complex problems with our broad experience handling disputes relating to information technology systems development
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：People
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Newsletters
- Japanese Virtual Currency Regulations take effect in April 2017
- Amendments of the Civil Aeronautics Act to Introduce the New Rules Restricting UAVs
- The Supreme Court ruled that the technical scope and subject matter of a product-by-process claim invention will cover the same products, even if the products are made by a different process from the claimed process
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：News
- Top rankings received from Chambers Global 2017
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Eighth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Top rankings received from Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
- Top rankings received in The Nikkei's "Corporate Legal Affairs and Lawyer Survey 2016"
- Top Ranking Received From Legal 500 2017
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Seminars
- Sep. 18, 2016 - Sep. 23, 2016External Seminars
- IBA Conference Washington 2016 “Around the Tables” A taste of hot topics in the Intellectual property, Communications and Technology Section
- Feb. 11, 2016External Seminars
- "Workshop in IP Dispute Resolution"
- Dec. 7, 2015External Seminars
- Myanmar-Japan IP-Seminar “Preparation for Enforcement of IP Law in Myanmar”
- Oct. 23, 2014External Seminars
- IBA Annual Conference 2014"Electric Games Summit"
- Oct. 21, 2014External Seminars
- IBA Annual Conference 2014"FRAND Declaration-is it a gentleman's agreement?"
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Publications
- "The System of Business Law–Intellectual Properties Law"
- "FinTech World Yearbook 2017-2018"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Issues regarding unfair competition (imitation of form of goods) in relation to displays at trade shows and protection of applied art by copyright - Intellectual Property High Court Decision of November 30, 2016"
- Magazine Article
- "The Forefront of Information and Technology Law: I. An Overview of the Legal System Revolution"
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Aviation Law 2017 – Japan Chapter"