Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
We have experienced lawyers who have expertise in the constantly evolving and increasingly complex areas of information technology, life sciences, and intellectual property. We provide a variety of legal services in response to the diverse legal needs of our clients in these fields. These legal services include advising on regulatory requirements, setting up business, corporate housekeeping, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Strong, flexible support to help growing information technology businesses
Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Advising clients facing complex problems with our broad experience handling disputes relating to information technology systems development
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：People
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Newsletters
- The Supreme Court ruled that the technical scope and subject matter of a product-by-process claim invention will cover the same products, even if the products are made by a different process from the claimed process
- The IP High Court Denies Samsung’s Motion for Injunctive Relief but Allows Samsung’s Claim for Damages against Apple for Its UMTS Standards-Essential Patent Infringement for an Amount Equivalent to the Royalty
- IP High Court Calls for Amicus Curiae Brief for the First Time Ever, for the Issue of Injunctions and Damages in the Case of Infringement of Standard Essential Patent with FRAND Declaration
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：News
- Firm receives awards at ALB Japan Law Awards 2015
- Top rankings received from Intellectual Asset Management in "IAM Patent 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Professionals 2015"
- Firm receives high evaluation in ALB IP Rankings 2015
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the sixth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Comments from Yoshifumi Onodera published on ALB April Issue
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Seminars
- Oct. 23, 2014External Seminars
- IBA Annual Conference 2014"Electric Games Summit"
- Oct. 21, 2014External Seminars
- IBA Annual Conference 2014"FRAND Declaration-is it a gentleman's agreement?"
- May. 9, 2014External Seminars
- "Issues under the Trans-Pacific Partnership: Sustainable Intellectual Property Rights in a Trans-Pacific Partnership World"
- Nov. 13, 2013External Seminars
- "IBA-JFBA Joint Conference: International comparison of patent litigation practices"
- May. 3, 2013External Seminars
- "Tech Transfer Tactics: Licensing Academic and Commercial Realms"
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Publications
- Magazine Other
- "Proposed regulations on drones – The need to be more business-oriented"
- Magazine Other
- "Is it permissible to operate a nighttime-delivery business using drones that fly over non-congested areas?"
- "Q&A (Corporate Legal Affairs): Revisions of the Patent Act and the Unfair Competition Prevention Act"
- "The Introduction of Creative Commons Licenses"
- "Regulations on the Prohibition of Conduct Eliminating or Restricting Competition Through Abuse of Intellectual Property Rights”