Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
We have experienced lawyers who have expertise in the constantly evolving and increasingly complex areas of information technology, life sciences, and intellectual property. We provide a variety of legal services in response to the diverse legal needs of our clients in these fields. These legal services include advising on regulatory requirements, setting up business, corporate housekeeping, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Strong, flexible support to help growing information technology businesses
Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Advising clients facing complex problems with our broad experience handling disputes relating to information technology systems development
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：People
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Newsletters
- Japanese Virtual Currency Regulations take effect in April 2017
- Amendments of the Civil Aeronautics Act to Introduce the New Rules Restricting UAVs
- The Supreme Court ruled that the technical scope and subject matter of a product-by-process claim invention will cover the same products, even if the products are made by a different process from the claimed process
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：News
- Top Rankings in "Asialaw Profiles 2018: The Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Domestic and Regional Law Firms"
- Top ranking received in "Who's Who Legal: Japan 2017"
- 18 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw PROFILES' "Asia law Leading Lawyers 2017"
- Firm receives awards at ALB Japan Law Awards 2017
- Firm receives high evaluation in ALB IP Rankings 2017
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Seminars
- Oct. 11, 2017External Seminars
- "IBA Annual Conference 2017～Branding strategies and use of image licensing/sponsorship in the sports and entertainment industries～"
- Oct. 10, 2017External Seminars
- "It's time: IP Litigation Reform"
- Sep. 20, 2017External Seminars
- "Regulations and Compliance in the Japanese Online Gaming Market"
- May 31, 2017External Seminars
- "Kirkland & Ellis LLP 24th Annual Technology & Law Seminar - Recent Amendment to Japanese Personal Information Protection Act"
- Sep. 18, 2016 - Sep. 23, 2016External Seminars
- IBA Conference Washington 2016 “Around the Tables” A taste of hot topics in the Intellectual property, Communications and Technology Section
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Publications
- "Getting the Deal Through - Cloud Computing 2018 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Legal Issues Involving 3D Printers"
- Magazine Panel Discussion
- "[Round-Table Discussion] Legal Framework for an Autonomous Car Based Society"
- Magazine Other
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Cybersecurity 2018 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "How Patent Infringement Litigation Proceeds Regarding Machine Learning Technologies"