Mergers and Acquisitions/Reorganizations
Ensuring successful M&A outcomes drawing on our expertise, experience, and creativity
We handle a diverse range of matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, investments, restructurings, and corporate alliances across various industries and sectors around the world. To meet our clients’ M&A needs, we offer seamless and integrated service for the whole transaction process, including the evaluation of business opportunities, participation in sales processes as buyers or sellers, conducting due diligence, and the structuring, negotiation, and completion of the transaction.
Our lawyers have advised on some of the largest and most complex cross-border transactions and can draw on their extensive experience in managing and conducting due diligence, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, and communicating and liaising with applicable regulatory authorities. Our lawyers are regularly seconded to governmental agencies and regulatory bodies and are involved in the development of Japanese laws and regulations relating to M&A.
We are particularly well positioned to handle large and complex transactions that require the quick assembly of a team of lawyers with expertise across a range of practice areas. We are able to draw upon our size and breadth of practice areas; our extensive experience in a variety of business sectors; the strong relationships we enjoy with Japanese regulatory authorities, stock exchanges, and industry experts; and our deep understanding of the Japanese court system. Whether it is a matter of corporate law, finance, labor, antitrust, tax, intellectual property, real estate, litigation, bankruptcy, or other area of law, we have the lawyers suited to serve our clients’ needs.
Mergers and Acquisitions/Reorganizations：People
Mergers and Acquisitions/Reorganizations：News
- Firm recognized in Asia Law & Practice's "Asialaw Profiles 2017: The Guide to Asia-Pacific's Leading Domestic Law Firms"
Mergers and Acquisitions/Reorganizations：Seminars
- Oct. 19, 2016External Seminars
- ABA Section of International Law 2016 Fall Meeting"Carve Outs – Asia Style"
- Sep. 22, 2016External Seminars
- IBA Annual Conference Washington D.C. 2016 "Company financing: trends in debt and equity funding"
Mergers and Acquisitions/Reorganizations：Publications
- Magazine Transcript
- "Merger Controls for M&As in the Financial Sector"
- Magazine Article
- "Q&A: Corporate Legal Affairs - How to Deal with Activist Shareholders"
- "M&A Contract – Model clauses and commentary"
- Book Article
- "Japan Buy-out Annual Survey - First half of 2017 -"
- Magazine Article
- "Keeping Watch on Various Regulations Regarding Rapid Purchasing and Insider Trading: Legal Issues Related to Third Party Allotment of Stock Acquisition Rights Involving Stock Lending"