Combining years of experience with up-to-date research to advise clients in the changing area of employment disputes
We have a long history handling litigation and other forms of dispute resolution. Our Labor Law Practice Group, together with our litigation specialists, provides advice to prevent and resolve disputes and litigation relating to labor matters. Our capabilities in this area were further enhanced in 2014 when Kouichi Nanba, a former judge who served 5 years as the chief judge of the Special Labor Division at the Tokyo District Court, joined our firm as Special Counsel.
- Public Service
- Firm's lawyers submit a report for the "2019 Industrial Economy Research Project (Research on Foreign Structures for Coordinating Issues Regarding Working Hours and Health Management in Side Work and Secondary Businesses)"
- Public Service
- Firm's lawyers submit a report for the "2016 Industrial Economy Research Project (Research on Employment Practices and Wage Structures in European Countries)" commissioned by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- "Lawyer's Selection: Important Court Decisions on Labor - Vol. 251: Nihon Gakuen Case (Employee Issued with Transfer Order After Being Encouraged by Employer to Retire)"
- "Lawyer's Selection: Important Court Decisions on Labor - Vol. 248: Toshiba Human Resources Development Corporation Case (Validity of Ordinary Dismissal on the Grounds of Breach of Management's Orders)"
- "Lawyer's Selection: Important Court Decisions on Labor - Vol. 247: Iasis Case (Employment Status under the Labor Standards Act of a Store Worker Working Under a Contracting Agreement)"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Enforcement of Foreign Judgments 2020 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Lawyer's Selection: Important Court Decisions on Labor - Vol. 235: The Case of "University A" (Salary Reduction Effected Following Recognition of Academic Harassment)"