International Arbitration/Alternative Dispute Resolution
Protecting our clients’ rights and interests in arbitration and mediation, both in Japan and overseas
Since our firm’s formation, we have been in the forefront of dispute resolution in Japan. Today, we continue to lead the Japanese dispute resolution practice both in court and in alternative dispute resolution.
Our alternative dispute resolution practice extends inside and outside Japan, as legal representatives of clients or arbitrators before the JCAA, the ICC, the SIAC, and other international arbitration institutions. Two of our lawyers are admitted to appear before the newly established Singapore International Commercial Court.
International Arbitration/Alternative Dispute Resolution：People
International Arbitration/Alternative Dispute Resolution：Newsletters
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.13 (April 2021)
The Silver Lining in International Dispute Resolutions :Part Ⅱ
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.12 (April 2021)
The Silver Lining in International Dispute Resolutions :Part I
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.11 (September 2020)
Use of E-Signature in Singapore, Thailand and Japan
International Arbitration/Alternative Dispute Resolution：News
- Profile of Daniel Allen (with comments from Mugi Sekido) featured in an Global Arbitration Review article entitled "Japanese firm names first foreign disputes partner" published on April 29, 2021
- High Evaluation Received From Euromoney’s Expert Guides 2020: White Collar Crime
- Firm News
- Firm holds an international arbitration training seminar hosted by the ICC
- Top rankings received in The Nikkei's "Corporate Legal Affairs and Lawyer Survey 2017"
International Arbitration/Alternative Dispute Resolution：Seminars
- Oct. 18, 2019MHM Seminars
- "The Changing Landscape of International Dispute Resolution ~ the Impact of Third Party Funding"
- Sep. 12, 2019External Seminars
- "6TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL ARBITRATION, REGULATORY & COMPETITION LAW GLOBAL SUMMIT"
- Aug. 19, 2019External Seminars
- Kobe SALAD 2019"Kobe University Summer School of Asian Law and Dispute Management"
- Jun. 4, 2019External Seminars
- 『YSIAC-YJAA Tokyo Workshop 2019』
- Sep. 7, 2018 - Sep. 8, 2018External Seminars
- "SIAC Academy Tokyo 2018"
International Arbitration/Alternative Dispute Resolution：Publications
- "Global Legal Insights - International Arbitration 2021 - Japan Chapter"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Enforcement of Foreign Judgments 2021 - Japan Chapter"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Employment & Labour Law 2021 - The Impact of COVID-19 on Employment in Japan"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Employment & Labour Law 2021 - Japan Chapter"
- "The Third Party Litigation Funding Law - Japan Chapter"