Drawing on our skills and strong industry connections to advise clients in the emerging J-REITs practice area
We have been actively involved in a variety of matters relating to Japan real estate investment trusts (J-REITs) since the introduction of J-REITs in 2000. We are a leader in this practice area, actively representing investment corporations, underwriters, and sponsors in initial public offerings, capital raising, property acquisition, debt financing, M&A, private placement J-REITs, health care J-REITs, infrastructure funds, Singapore law business trusts, and other innovative financial products.
We deliver quality and comprehensive services to our clients with lawyers from a wide range of practice areas. Our corporate team leads in establishing asset management companies and investment corporations, obtaining necessary licenses and permits, managing board and unitholders’ meetings, filing statutory disclosures, handling other investor relations matters, M&A, and business restructuring. For fundraising, we can rely on the experiences of our lawyers in our Capital Markets, Structured Finance, and Financial Regulation Practice Groups. We also have a dedicated team of paralegals working exclusively on J-REIT matters.
We have built strong relationships of trust with major participants in the J-REIT industry, through information exchanges and the secondment of our lawyers to various government ministries and agencies, securities companies, overseas law firms, and other organizations. One of our lawyers served as a member of the Financial System Council of the Financial Services Agency, which reviewed the J-REIT legal system in 2012.
- Revision of Prior Notification System under the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act: Disclosure of Draft Amendments to Cabinet Orders, Ministerial Ordinances and Public Notices (Breaking News)
- Top rankings received from IFLR1000’s 31st edition
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2021
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021
- Top rankings received from IFLR1000’s thirtieth edition
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2020
- Magazine Article
- "Amendment to the Civil Code and Real Property Registration Act (Regarding Land of Unknown Ownership) (Part 2)"
- Magazine Other
- "Analysis of Laws: Amendment to the Civil Code and Real Property Registration Act to Facilitate Utilization of Land of Unknown Ownership"
- "Commentary: Measures for Land of Unknown Ownership 3 - Vesting Unnecessary Land in the National Treasury (Act on Vesting Succeeded Land in the National Treasury, etc.)"
- "Commentary: Measures for Land of Unknown Ownership 2 - Mandatory Registration of Succession (Amendment to the Real Property Registration Act)"
- "Commentary: Measures for Land of Unknown Ownership 1 - Revision of Co-ownership System (Amendment to the Civil Code)"