Drawing on our skills and strong industry connections to advise clients in the emerging J-REITs practice area
We have been actively involved in a variety of matters relating to Japan real estate investment trusts (J-REITs) since the introduction of J-REITs in 2000. We are a leader in this practice area, actively representing investment corporations, underwriters, and sponsors in initial public offerings, capital raising, property acquisition, debt financing, M&A, private placement J-REITs, health care J-REITs, infrastructure funds, Singapore law business trusts, and other innovative financial products.
We deliver quality and comprehensive services to our clients with lawyers from a wide range of practice areas. Our corporate team leads in establishing asset management companies and investment corporations, obtaining necessary licenses and permits, managing board and unitholders’ meetings, filing statutory disclosures, handling other investor relations matters, M&A, and business restructuring. For fundraising, we can rely on the experiences of our lawyers in our Capital Markets, Structured Finance, and Financial Regulation Practice Groups. We also have a dedicated team of paralegals working exclusively on J-REIT matters.
We have built strong relationships of trust with major participants in the J-REIT industry, through information exchanges and the secondment of our lawyers to various government ministries and agencies, securities companies, overseas law firms, and other organizations. One of our lawyers served as a member of the Financial System Council of the Financial Services Agency, which reviewed the J-REIT legal system in 2012.
- Capital Markets Bulletin
- Revision of Prior Notification System under the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act: Disclosure of Draft Amendments to Cabinet Orders, Ministerial Ordinances and Public Notices (Breaking News)
- Top Rankings Received from Chambers Asia-Pacific 2023
- Firm receives awards at asialaw Awards 2022/23
- Top Rankings Received from IFLR1000’s 32nd edition
- Top Rankings Received from Chambers Global 2022
- Top Rankings Received from Chambers Asia-Pacific 2022
- Magazine Article
- “Disclosure of J-REIT -compared with foreign REITs with a focus on S-REIT-”
- Magazine Article
- "Recent Trends in JBA TIBOR Fallbacks"
- ”A Study on the Characteristics of Voluntary Disclosure in J-REIT Prospectuses for Seasoned Equity Offerings”
- "Introduction of IT procedures under Real Estate Brokerage Act and Act on Land and Building Leases (Part 2)"
- "Introduction of IT procedures under Real Estate Brokerage Act and Act on Land and Building Leases (Part 1)"