Financial Services Intermediation
Legal support for clients seeking to leverage technological developments to expand the scope of their business, including expansion into the sale of financial products by companies that have not operated in the finance industry, as well as expansion of the types of financial products dealt with by finance firms
New regulations were adopted in June 2020 that reduced the regulatory burden of engaging in the business of intermediating financial transactions across a variety of finance sectors, such as banking, insurance and securities. It is now possible to obtain a single registration to conduct cross-sectional intermediation of financial services across all or some of these fields, and the obligation of intermediary business operators to be incorporated within financial institutions has also been eliminated.
In the future, businesses engaged in financial intermediation will be able to provide services in a variety of different financial sectors, such as banking, insurance and securities, as a one-stop solution, and it is anticipated that new participants will enter the market and that a new level of convenience in financial services will be realized.
A variety of issues will arise after commencement of any new type of business. We possess a strong record solving and preventing problems related to financial services.
Financial Services Intermediation：People
Financial Services Intermediation：News
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2020
Financial Services Intermediation：Publications
- Magazine Panel Discussion
- "Round-Table Talk: Issues and Outlook for Legislation on Payment and Financial Service Intermediary Businesses (Part 3) Financial Service Intermediary Businesses"
- Magazine Article
- "Impacts of Financial Services Intermediary Legislation on Financial Business Operators' Business Models and Practices"