Environment and Climate Change
Survival often depends on the ability to adapt to a changing environment
We have an active environmental law practice and were involved very early in the various measures taken to address climate change, such as emissions trading. We have handled a number of leading projects in this field, such as carbon offsetting and the creation of emission trading related financial instruments. In addition, we actively support legislative efforts by government and public organizations through our participation in committees and investigative commissions. Recently, we advised in governmental deliberations regarding the creation of a bilateral credit offset mechanism. As issues involving electricity infrastructure reform and climate change become increasingly important, we continue to enhance our expertise in these areas by actively participating in government-led review committees and other groups.
Changes in social awareness and continuing legislative amendments raise legal risks associated with environmental issues such as soil, air, and water contamination, and waste disposal. We have been actively involved in risk management in the area of environmental laws. Specifically, we provide a variety of research and advice on environmental laws in the creation of a company’s compliance program or business scheme, and in real estate and M&A transactions. We also have extensive experience in disputes involving environmental issues, particularly environmental disputes in real estate and M&A transactions.
Environment and Climate Change：People
Environment and Climate Change：News
- Public Service
- The firm’s lawyers contributed to a recently released research report (on recent trends in competition environment and competition policies, etc.) sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
Environment and Climate Change：Publications
- Magazine Article
- "The Electrical Power System Revolution and the Paris Agreement: Further Pursuit of Sustainability"
- "Rapid Expansion of Green Bonds Markets"
- Magazine Article
- "Outlines and Key Considerations of Green Bonds"
- "Risks Associated with Stricter Enforcement of Environmental Regulations in China and Countermeasures"
- "Trends in Stricter Enforcement of Environmental Regulations in China"