Infrastructure/Public Private Partnership
Extensive experience in infrastructure to guide our clients in taking advantage of developments in public-private partnership projects in Japan
In recent years, the Japanese government has developed concrete policies to introduce the use of concessions for airports, water and sewage facilities, toll roads, and other types of infrastructure. As one of its economic growth policies, the Japanese government intends to open up the management of some existing infrastructure facilities and structures to the private sector to help their maintenance and operations in response to severe fiscal conditions of central and local governments, and to create new business opportunities.
Given the rapidly changing legal and business environments in this area, our lawyers regularly update our clients on legal, regulatory, and practical developments. With our comprehensive knowledge of the issues, laws, and regulations, and our extensive involvement in concession and traditional projects, we are able to advise industry participants in a wide range of matters and issues, including conducting legal due diligence relating to the acquisition of concession rights; bidding and contract negotiations; construction, operation, and maintenance of facilities; and financing and other aspects of infrastructure projects. We can quickly assemble an effective legal team for specific transactions.
We are also prepared to support infrastructure funds investing in infrastructure assets in Japan. Our extensive experience in infrastructure and related regulations allow us to assist our clients with extensive knowledge, insightful advice, and thorough and efficient legal due diligence on the target infrastructure.
Infrastructure/Public Private Partnership：People
Infrastructure/Public Private Partnership：Legal Topics
Infrastructure/Public Private Partnership：Newsletters
- Recent Developments in Public-Private Partnerships in Japan
- Concession of National Airports in Japan
- Introduction of the Concession System to Japan under the Bill to Amend the Act on Promotion of Private Finance Initiatives
Infrastructure/Public Private Partnership：News
- 35 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw Profiles "asia law Leading Lawyers 2021"
- Comments by Yusuke Murakami were featured in an Asia Law Portal article titled "Legal Experts Predict 2020 Trends in Asia Pacific Region Infrastructure Development" published on December 12, 2019
- 35 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw PROFILES' "Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2020"
- Firm receives awards at ALB Japan Law Awards 2018
- 19 lawyers were selected as leading lawyers in asialaw PROFILES' "Asia law Leading Lawyers 2018"
Infrastructure/Public Private Partnership：Seminars
- Jul. 4, 2017External Seminars
- "Comparative Analysis of the Legal Framework and Market Practice for Infrastructure／PPP in Australia／UK and in Japan"
Infrastructure/Public Private Partnership：Publications
- Magazine Article
- "Legal Issues Concerning "Offering" and "Accepting" Gifts in Companies - Development of Rules and Practical Concerns Regarding "Gift Compliance""
- Magazine Other
- "A Multiple-Perspective Discussion: Indication of Electricity Generation by Source"
- Magazine Panel Discussion
- "Round-Table Talk: Concessions in the Coronavirus Era"
- "116 Key Points Everyone Should Know about Electricity and Gas Retail Businesses"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Project Finance 2020 - Japan Chapter"