Full legal services from exploration to sale, based on the latest information and developments
We have a strong team of lawyers with expertise in natural resources and offer full support to transactions relating to natural resources. Given that these transactions are usually international in nature, we take advantage of our overseas offices and strong global alliances with regional law firms to facilitate quick, focused, and tailored support for our clients’ legal needs in major mineral-resource-producing nations.
Areas of Expertise
Our expertise extends to all aspects of natural resource transactions, from exploration and development to production, transportation, and sale, and extends to a wide spectrum of natural resources, including iron ore, coal, copper, nickel, rare metals, natural gas, and petroleum.
We have handled a diverse range of acquisitions and transactions involving different types of companies, ranging from companies that hold natural resource interests to nuclear reactor manufacturers. We also have extensive working knowledge of finance transactions connected to natural resources, including project finance for companies participating in resource interest companies and the formulation of financing schemes in relation to the exportation of nuclear power. We are also experienced in international arbitrations and cross-border litigation and disputes relating to natural resources.
- Top Rankings received from asialaw 2023, the definitive guide to Asia's leading law firms and lawyers
- Top Rankings Received from IFLR1000’s 32nd edition
- Our lawyers were selected in asialaw 2022, the definitive guide to Asia's leading law firms and lawyers
- Top Rankings Received from IFLR1000’s 31st edition
- Top rankings received from IFLR1000’s thirtieth edition
- Magazine Article
- "Overview and Key Points of Environmental Value Trading Based on Considerations Regarding Corporate PPA"
- Magazine Article
- "Transformation in the Non-fossil Fuel Value Trading Market: A New Market for Trading 'Non-fossil Fuel Value' - Impact on Consumers and Retailers"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Project Finance 2021 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Other
- "A Multiple-Perspective Discussion: Indication of Electricity Generation by Source"
- "116 Key Points Everyone Should Know about Electricity and Gas Retail Businesses"