With offices across Asia and a network that spans the world, we have developed from a Japanese firm to a global one, providing international legal services in diverse practices from M&A and other corporate transactions to compliance and dispute resolution
With our knowledge of and experience with the Chinese legal and business environment, we help clients succeed in China
We provide comprehensive and sound legal service for clients conducting business in Korea, drawing on our accumulated experience and knowledge of Korea-Japan business practice.
Japanese and Taiwanese lawyers who know actuals of Taiwan compose team and support cases.
We offer a broad range of advice for corporations and regional management companies conducting business in Singapore
We provide comprehensive legal support for clients conducting business in Thailand, drawing on our considerable “on-the-ground” knowledge and capabilities in Thailand augmented by our recent business integration with a leading Thai law firm.
We have abundant experience working on Myanmar-related matters and are uniquely equipped to advise clients in a broad range of matters in Myanmar, as Myanmar opens up to foreign investment
We have many years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of legal matters relating to Vietnam
We provide broad legal support for clients conducting business in Indonesia based on our deep understanding of the legal environment and business practices in Indonesia
We provide comprehensive legal support for corporations entering and operating in the Philippines
We provide comprehensive legal support built on our long experience advising clients on a wide variety of transactions and matters in Malaysia
With a deep understanding of the latest developments in law and business practices, we are well placed to advise clients on a broad range of matters relating to Cambodia. Matters relating to Cambodia and its emerging markets are efficiently handled through our various regional offices in Bangkok, Singapore, and Yangon
With a deep understanding of legal and business practices in the Mekong region, we are well placed to advise on a broad range of matters relating to Laos
Our firm is a pioneer in providing legal advice for our clients on a broad range of corporate transactions and legal matters relating to India
We are able to provide broad support for corporations entering and operating in Bangladesh by drawing upon our knowledge and experience in Bangladesh and other emerging economies
With our knowledge and experience in Sri Lanka, we advise clients in entering and operating in Sri Lanka
We are advising our clients in their corporate activities, investments, and legal matters with respect to the laws of the EU and its member states
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Latin America
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Turkey and the Middle East
We strongly support trade and business between Japan and Israel.
We provide legal support for corporations entering or operating in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
We provide a broad range of legal support for Japanese businesses throughout Africa
We are experienced in advising clients regarding their international business and operations as they relate to investment treaties, World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, and other trade laws
- An update on the soft opening of the trademark registration system
- Myanmar Legal MHM Limited Newsletter - September Issue
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.11 (September 2020)
Use of E-Signature in Singapore, Thailand and Japan
- 9 lawyers were selected as Japan's top 100 lawyers in Asia Business Law Journal
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in a OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: Parliament passes bill to amend APPI" published on June 5, 2020
- Comments by Takeshi Komatsu were featured in a Financial Times article titled "Lockdown accelerates push into digital workflows for professional services" published on May 11, 2020
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Interview of Yohsuke Higashi and Shintaro Okawa were featured in a M&A Online article about “Revisions to the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act and Strengthened Foreign Investment Regulations” published on December 20, 2019
- Sep. 29, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Environment for Islamic Social Finance"
- Sep. 10, 2020External Seminars
- "Dispute Settlement in the Digital Economy"
- Sep. 9, 2020External Seminars
- "Governance & Succession - Philippines and Japan"
- Aug. 20, 2020External Seminars
- "Japanese Privacy Laws: What is the Impact of the New Amendments?"
- Jul. 1, 2020External Seminars
- "Thailand Private Client - Virtual Round Table"
- Book Article
- "M&A Legislation in Emerging Asian Countries - Third edition"
- Magazine Article
- "Recent Developments in Chinese Laws (245): Amendments to China's Catalogue of Technologies Prohibited or Restricted from Export"
- Magazine Article
- "Practices and Key Points Regarding Investment in Technology Companies in Southeast Asia"
- Magazine Panel Discussion
- "Asian Real Estate Development - Countermeasures for Existing Joint Ventures and Lgal Precautions for New Transactions in Preparation for the Deterioration of Local Developers' Credit"
- Magazine Article
- "The impact of the CJEU’s decision on 'Schrems II'"