With offices across Asia and a network that spans the world, we have developed from a Japanese firm to a global one, providing international legal services in diverse practices from M&A and other corporate transactions to compliance and dispute resolution
With our knowledge of and experience with the Chinese legal and business environment, we help clients succeed in China
We provide comprehensive and sound legal service for clients conducting business in Korea, drawing on our accumulated experience and knowledge of Korea-Japan business practice.
Japanese and Taiwanese lawyers who know actuals of Taiwan compose team and support cases.
We offer a broad range of advice for corporations and regional management companies conducting business in Singapore
We provide comprehensive legal support for clients conducting business in Thailand, drawing on our considerable “on-the-ground” knowledge and capabilities in Thailand augmented by our recent business integration with a leading Thai law firm.
We have abundant experience working on Myanmar-related matters and are uniquely equipped to advise clients in a broad range of matters in Myanmar, as Myanmar opens up to foreign investment
We have many years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of legal matters relating to Vietnam
We provide broad legal support for clients conducting business in Indonesia based on our deep understanding of the legal environment and business practices in Indonesia
We provide comprehensive legal support for corporations entering and operating in the Philippines
We provide comprehensive legal support built on our long experience advising clients on a wide variety of transactions and matters in Malaysia
With a deep understanding of the latest developments in law and business practices, we are well placed to advise clients on a broad range of matters relating to Cambodia. Matters relating to Cambodia and its emerging markets are efficiently handled through our various regional offices in Bangkok, Singapore, and Yangon
With a deep understanding of legal and business practices in the Mekong region, we are well placed to advise on a broad range of matters relating to Laos
Our firm is a pioneer in providing legal advice for our clients on a broad range of corporate transactions and legal matters relating to India
We are able to provide broad support for corporations entering and operating in Bangladesh by drawing upon our knowledge and experience in Bangladesh and other emerging economies
With our knowledge and experience in Sri Lanka, we advise clients in entering and operating in Sri Lanka
We are advising our clients in their corporate activities, investments, and legal matters with respect to the laws of the EU and its member states
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Latin America
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Turkey and the Middle East
We strongly support trade and business between Japan and Israel.
We provide legal support for corporations entering or operating in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
We provide a broad range of legal support for Japanese businesses throughout Africa
International Practice：Legal Topics
- Myanmar Legal MHM Limited Newsletter - August Issue
- New Decree Guiding Investment Law 2020
- MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.14 (July 2021)
- Public Service
- Firm's lawyers and licensed tax accountants submit a report for "Research on on Double Taxation Adjustment for Dividends and Taxation on Capital Gains and Losses from Transfer of Shares" commissioned by the Ministry of Finance
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 12th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Comments by Yusuke Takamiya were published on page 20 of the Nikkei in an article titled "Looking for Ways to Regulate Mega IT Companies: Concerns Among Countries Wary of Market Monopoly - New Biden Administration to Strengthen Enforcement Structure"
- 9 lawyers were selected as Japan's top 100 lawyers in Asia Business Law Journal
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in a OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: Parliament passes bill to amend APPI" published on June 5, 2020
- Oct. 26, 2021External Seminars
- "Business post usual? Transformation of doing business in the Asia Pacific region"
- Oct. 18, 2021 - Oct. 19, 2021External Seminars
- ”Principles for a Data Economy Conference 2021”
- Oct. 1, 2021External Seminars
- "Japamburg Summit 2021"
- Sep. 15, 2021External Seminars
- "Best Friends Competition Academy, "Revising the Assessment of Anti-Competitive Agreements in the Growing Digital Landscape""
- Sep. 2, 2021External Seminars
- "The amended Act on the Protection of Personal Information and its impact on digital marketing"
- "Getting the Deal Through - Private M&A 2022 - Myanmar Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Initial Response to Overseas Compliance Violations - Initial Fact-Finding, Preservation of Evidence, and Examination of Related Laws and Regulations"
- Magazine Article
- "Law Firm Librarians' and Lawyers' Guide to the Most Basic of Basics of Legal Research (Part 4): Research on US Cases, Laws and Regulations, and Documentary Records"
- Magazine Article
- "Recent Developments in Chinese Laws (254): Data Security Law"
- "China's Export Control System and Recent Trends"