With offices across Asia and a network that spans the world, we have developed from a Japanese firm to a global one, providing international legal services in diverse practices from M&A and other corporate transactions to compliance and dispute resolution
With our knowledge of and experience with the Chinese legal and business environment, we help clients succeed in China
We provide comprehensive and sound legal service for clients conducting business in Korea, drawing on our accumulated experience and knowledge of Korea-Japan business practice.
Japanese and Taiwanese lawyers who know actuals of Taiwan compose team and support cases.
We offer a broad range of advice for corporations and regional management companies conducting business in Singapore
We provide comprehensive legal support for clients conducting business in Thailand, drawing on our considerable “on-the-ground” knowledge and capabilities in Thailand augmented by our recent business integration with a leading Thai law firm.
We have abundant experience working on Myanmar-related matters and are uniquely equipped to advise clients in a broad range of matters in Myanmar, as Myanmar opens up to foreign investment
We have many years of experience advising clients on a wide variety of legal matters relating to Vietnam
We provide broad legal support for clients conducting business in Indonesia based on our deep understanding of the legal environment and business practices in Indonesia
We provide comprehensive legal support for corporations entering and operating in the Philippines
We provide comprehensive legal support built on our long experience advising clients on a wide variety of transactions and matters in Malaysia
With a deep understanding of the latest developments in law and business practices, we are well placed to advise clients on a broad range of matters relating to Cambodia. Matters relating to Cambodia and its emerging markets are efficiently handled through our various regional offices in Bangkok, Singapore, and Yangon
With a deep understanding of legal and business practices in the Mekong region, we are well placed to advise on a broad range of matters relating to Laos
Our firm is a pioneer in providing legal advice for our clients on a broad range of corporate transactions and legal matters relating to India
We are able to provide broad support for corporations entering and operating in Bangladesh by drawing upon our knowledge and experience in Bangladesh and other emerging economies
With our knowledge and experience in Sri Lanka, we advise clients in entering and operating in Sri Lanka
We are advising our clients in their corporate activities, investments, and legal matters with respect to the laws of the EU and its member states
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Brazil, Mexico, and other countries in Latin America
We provide a broad range of legal support for businesses entering or operating in Turkey and the Middle East
We strongly support trade and business between Japan and Israel.
We provide legal support for corporations entering or operating in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
We provide a broad range of legal support for Japanese businesses throughout Africa
We are experienced in advising clients regarding their international business and operations as they relate to investment treaties, World Trade Organization (WTO) agreements, and other trade laws
International Practice：Legal Topics
- Myanmar Legal MHM Limited Newsletter - April Issue
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.13 (April 2021)
The Silver Lining in International Dispute Resolutions :Part Ⅱ
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.12 (April 2021)
The Silver Lining in International Dispute Resolutions :Part I
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 12th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- 9 lawyers were selected as Japan's top 100 lawyers in Asia Business Law Journal
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in a OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: Parliament passes bill to amend APPI" published on June 5, 2020
- Comments by Takeshi Komatsu were featured in a Financial Times article titled "Lockdown accelerates push into digital workflows for professional services" published on May 11, 2020
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- May 10, 2021 - May 12, 2021External Seminars
- "3rd EU-Japan EPA Forum"
- Feb. 27, 2021External Seminars
- "Tariff elimination and rules of origin of Japan-EU EPA and Japan-UK EPA"
- Dec. 16, 2020External Seminars
- "Data protection regulations in the pharmaceutical industries ~Japan, Europe, USA, China, Brazil and Thailand"
- Nov. 8, 2020External Seminars
- "European Union Studies Association-Japan (EUSA-Japan) The 41st Annual Conference - Rules of Origin of Japan-EU Economic Partnership Agreement: Towards the Dissemination of Advanced Rules"
- Sep. 29, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Environment for Islamic Social Finance"
- "Key Points of International Contract Law and Practice: FIDIC (Part 5) Chapter 1 Fundamental Rights and Obligations (1) - Provisions on Construction Work, Etc. (3)"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Enforcement of Foreign Judgments 2021 - Japan Chapter"
- "Key Points of International Contract Law and Practice: FIDIC (Part 4) Chapter 1 Fundamental Rights and Obligations (1) - Provisions on Construction Work, Etc. (2)"
- "The Legal 500 Country Comparative Guides: Mergers & Acquisitions - Myanmar Chapter"
- Magazine Other
- "Corporate Legal Affairs: Latest Trends in 'Business and Human Rights' - Japan’s National Action Plan (NAP) and Global Legislative Developments"