Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
We have experienced lawyers who have expertise in the constantly evolving and increasingly complex areas of information technology, life sciences, and intellectual property. We provide a variety of legal services in response to the diverse legal needs of our clients in these fields. These legal services include advising on regulatory requirements, setting up business, corporate housekeeping, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Strong, flexible support to help growing information technology businesses
Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
Tapping our expertise and extensive experience in cybersecurity laws and regulations to support clients’ risk management, information security management systems, and cybersecurity incident response capabilities
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Advising clients facing complex problems with our broad experience handling disputes relating to information technology systems development
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：People
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Newsletters
- Fintech Newsletter - Publication of Cabinet Order and Cabinet Office Ordinance on the Revision of the Payment Services Act 2020
- New Regulations on Payment and Settlement and Cross-Sectional Financial Services Intermediaries (The Amendment of the Payment Services Act and the Act on Sales, etc. of Financial Instruments)
- Japanese Virtual Currency Regulations take effect in April 2017
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：News
- Top rankings received in “IP STARS 2021”
- Firm receives an award at Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2021
- Firm receives high evaluation in ALB IP Rankings 2021
- Top Rankings Received From Euromoney’s Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2021
- Top rankings received from "IAM Patent 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Professionals 2021"
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Seminars
- May 27, 2021 - May 28, 2021External Seminars
- "LESI Virtual Annual Conference 2021 - MAXIMIZING THE VALUE OF INNOVATION IN AN ERA OF CONVERGENCE -"
- May 26, 2021External Seminars
- "Live Seminar Key Points of the Draft Guidelines for the Amended APPI"
- Apr. 15, 2021External Seminars
- "Cyber Law Round Table – Q&A (JAPAN)"
- Apr. 8, 2021External Seminars
- "Key Points on Relevant Laws and Regulations Related to Cybersecurity"
- Feb. 25, 2021External Seminars
- "Global trends of AI regulations and AI governance"
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Publications
- Magazine Article
- "Outline of Laws Related to Digital Reforms"
- "Software Development Contracts - Key Review Points Identified in the Negotiation Process"
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Data Protection 2021 - Thailand Chapter"
- "Requirements for Adoption of the Discretionary Labor System for Professional Work with System Engineers (SE) and Points to Keep in Mind"
- Magazine Article
- "Law Firm Librarians' and Lawyers' Guide to the Most Basic of Basics of Legal Research (Part 1): Materials/Public Databases Used in Legal Research"