Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
We have experienced lawyers who have expertise in the constantly evolving and increasingly complex areas of information technology, life sciences, and intellectual property. We provide a variety of legal services in response to the diverse legal needs of our clients in these fields. These legal services include advising on regulatory requirements, setting up business, corporate housekeeping, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Strong, flexible support to help growing information technology businesses
Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
Tapping our expertise and extensive experience in cybersecurity laws and regulations to support clients’ risk management, information security management systems, and cybersecurity incident response capabilities
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Advising clients facing complex problems with our broad experience handling disputes relating to information technology systems development
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：People
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Newsletters
- Fintech Newsletter - Publication of Cabinet Order and Cabinet Office Ordinance on the Revision of the Payment Services Act 2020
- New Regulations on Payment and Settlement and Cross-Sectional Financial Services Intermediaries (The Amendment of the Payment Services Act and the Act on Sales, etc. of Financial Instruments)
- Japanese Virtual Currency Regulations take effect in April 2017
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：News
- Firm receives awards at asialaw Awards 2021
- Firm receives awards at ALB Japan Law Awards 2021
- Our lawyers were selected in asialaw 2022, the definitive guide to Asia's leading law firms and lawyers
- Top Rankings received from asialaw 2022, the definitive guide to Asia's leading law firms and lawyers
- High evaluation received from "Who’s Who Legal: Japan 2021"
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Seminars
- Oct. 18, 2021 - Oct. 19, 2021External Seminars
- ”Principles for a Data Economy Conference 2021”
- Oct. 1, 2021External Seminars
- "Japamburg Summit 2021"
- Sep. 9, 2021External Seminars
- "The Japan DPO Association's 7th Seminar of the Study Group "How to Be Compliant With Advertising and Ad Tech (Cookie-Related) Regulations - Focusing on the Regulation of Personal Related Information under the Amended Act on Protection of Personal Information""
- Sep. 7, 2021External Seminars
- "Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) Challenges"
- Sep. 2, 2021External Seminars
- "The amended Act on the Protection of Personal Information and its impact on digital marketing"
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Publications
- "Textbook for NFT: From Business, Blockchain, and Law to Accounting - The Future of NFT, When Digital Data Become Assets"
- "Getting the Deal Through - Healthcare Enforcement & Litigation 2022 - Japan Chapter"
- "The Pharmaceutical Intellectual Property and Competition Law Review 2nd Edition - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "NFTs and Copyrights - Case Studies of Art NFTs"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Copyrightability of Applied Arts (Octopus-Shaped Slide Case) - Tokyo District Court Decision of April 28, 2021"