Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
We have experienced lawyers who have expertise in the constantly evolving and increasingly complex areas of information technology, life sciences, and intellectual property. We provide a variety of legal services in response to the diverse legal needs of our clients in these fields. These legal services include advising on regulatory requirements, setting up business, corporate housekeeping, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Strong, flexible support to help growing information technology businesses
Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
Tapping our expertise and extensive experience in cybersecurity laws and regulations to support clients’ risk management, information security management systems, and cybersecurity incident response capabilities
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Advising clients facing complex problems with our broad experience handling disputes relating to information technology systems development
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：People
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Newsletters
- New Regulations on Payment and Settlement and Cross-Sectional Financial Services Intermediaries (The Amendment of the Payment Services Act and the Act on Sales, etc. of Financial Instruments)
- Japanese Virtual Currency Regulations take effect in April 2017
- Amendments of the Civil Aeronautics Act to Introduce the New Rules Restricting UAVs
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：News
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021
- Firm selected as a leading law firm in Global Data Review's " GDR100 2021"
- Hiroki Habuka is listed in “Agile 50: The World’s 50 Most Influential People Revolutionising Government”
- Public Service
- Atsushi Okada states his opinions regarding policy for data utilization as an expert at the conference of the "Research Commission on Intellectual Property Strategy" organized by the Liberal Democratic Party of Japan
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Seminars
- Dec. 16, 2020External Seminars
- "Data protection regulations in the pharmaceutical industries ~Japan, Europe, USA, China, Brazil and Thailand"
- Dec. 10, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Affairs for Digital Platform Businesses"
- Dec. 3, 2020External Seminars
- "Current Status and Issues of Data Controllability"
- Sep. 29, 2020External Seminars
- "Japan Drone 2020 Drone Innovation Seminar “Legal risks and interpretations of drones from skilled pilots and lawyers”"
- Sep. 10, 2020External Seminars
- "Dispute Settlement in the Digital Economy"
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Publications
- Magazine Article
- "Reconsidering the Custom of Affixing Seals on Documents: Latest Trends Regarding Electronic Contracts and Electronic Signatures"
- "The GDR Insight Handbook 2021 – Japan: Cybersecurity"
- Magazine Article
- "Summary of the Recommendations and New Standard Contractual Clauses Regarding Data Transfer Outside the EU - Focusing on How to Address Government Access After the "Schrems II" Judgement"
- Book Article
- "Changing Rules - Business Laws as a Strategic Weapon"
- Magazine Transcript
- "Development, Limits, and Future Outlook of the Theory of Principal Infringers"