Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property
We have experienced lawyers who have expertise in the constantly evolving and increasingly complex areas of information technology, life sciences, and intellectual property. We provide a variety of legal services in response to the diverse legal needs of our clients in these fields. These legal services include advising on regulatory requirements, setting up business, corporate housekeeping, contract negotiations, and dispute resolution.
Strong, flexible support to help growing information technology businesses
Experience in the fast changing arena of life sciences, including pharmaceuticals and medical sciences
A wide range of legal services in the fields of technology, entertainment, and media, including cross-border transactions and disputes
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
Tapping our expertise and extensive experience in cybersecurity laws and regulations to support clients’ risk management, information security management systems, and cybersecurity incident response capabilities
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Advising clients facing complex problems with our broad experience handling disputes relating to information technology systems development
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：People
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Newsletters
- Fintech Newsletter - Publication of Cabinet Order and Cabinet Office Ordinance on the Revision of the Payment Services Act 2020
- New Regulations on Payment and Settlement and Cross-Sectional Financial Services Intermediaries (The Amendment of the Payment Services Act and the Act on Sales, etc. of Financial Instruments)
- Japanese Virtual Currency Regulations take effect in April 2017
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：News
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 12th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Firm ranks highly in the 2021 edition of World Trademark Review 1000 - The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2021
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Seminars
- Apr. 8, 2021External Seminars
- "Key Points on Relevant Laws and Regulations Related to Cybersecurity"
- Feb. 25, 2021External Seminars
- "Global trends of AI regulations and AI governance"
- Dec. 16, 2020External Seminars
- "Data protection regulations in the pharmaceutical industries ~Japan, Europe, USA, China, Brazil and Thailand"
- Dec. 10, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Affairs for Digital Platform Businesses"
- Dec. 3, 2020External Seminars
- "Current Status and Issues of Data Controllability"
Information Technology, Life Sciences and Intellectual Property：Publications
- "Japan updates enforcement rules for amended APPI"
- "Overview and Practical Q&A on 'Convertible Securities' Including Convertible Equity"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Copyright Infringement of Contemporary Artwork (Goldfish Telephone Box Case Appellate Court Decision) - Osaka High Court Decision of January 14, 2021"
- "Chambers Global Practice Guides Cybersecurity 2021 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Practical Countermeasures in the Event of Information Leakages and Cyber Security Incidents (2)"