Intellectual Property Disputes
A wide range of legal services in the information technology and entertainment field, including with respect to cross-border transactions and disputes
Intellectual Property Litigation - Japan
We have significant experience handling infringement cases regarding patents, trademarks, design rights, and copyrights, as well as litigation involving patent invalidation claims and employee inventions. With flexible team organization, we work on a wide range of large and small cases, in areas as diverse as electronics, optical equipment, semiconductors, telecommunications, information technology, pharmaceuticals, biological and life sciences, healthcare, and consumer goods.
Intellectual Property Litigation - Worldwide
With the globalization of corporate business activities, intellectual property disputes are often international in nature. Having an abundance of experience in intellectual property litigation in Japan and knowledge and know-how obtained from training abroad, our lawyers are frequently involved in complex, multi-jurisdictional proceedings, working closely with other international law firms, with a view to achieving the best possible result for our client. With our overseas offices across Asia, and our relationships with law firms around the world, we are well placed to handle the growing number of intellectual property disputes in Asia and the rest of the world. We have also been involved in cases brought before the International Court of Arbitration and other international bodies.
Intellectual Property Disputes：People
Intellectual Property Disputes：News
Intellectual Property Disputes：Seminars
- Sep. 9, 2020External Seminars
- "Global Developments in FRAND/SEP Litigation—China, EU, Japan and the US"
- Sep. 14, 2017MHM Seminars
- "Current Trends of Patent Infringement Litigation"
- Aug. 24, 2017MHM Seminars
- ”Current Trends of Patent Infringement Litigation”
- Apr. 26, 2017External Seminars
- ”Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights”
- Mar. 8, 2017External Seminars
- "Cartels and Intellectual Property"
Intellectual Property Disputes：Publications
- "The Technology Disputes Law Review 1st Edition"
- "Getting the Deal Through – Technology Disputes - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "Additional Draft Amendments for the 2020 Amendments to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information"
- Magazine Article
- "IP Case Bulletin: Copyright Infringement of Contemporary Artwork (Goldfish Telephone Box Case Appellate Court Decision) - Osaka High Court Decision of January 14, 2021"
- "Legal Advice on Design Law II"