Advice on a broad variety of general and complex matters based on the latest developments and risks in the dynamic area of labor law
Our Labor Law Practice Group provides advice on a comprehensive range of labor matters including human resources, employee benefits and compensation, and tax and regulations, in connection with general labor matters, complex business transactions, and disputes and litigation. We serve diverse clients, including companies, boards of directors, board committees, management teams, and individual employees, executives, and business owners.
With our history of engaging in a broad variety of general and complex labor matters, we are able to provide effective, practical, and innovative advice based on the latest developments and risks in labor law, other relevant law, and business practices. We also work seamlessly with lawyers from all our Practice Groups to provide a one-stop, full service solution for clients in connection with all types of business transactions and disputes.
Labor law is a dynamic area of law, as theory, interpretation, and practice continue to evolve, reflecting changes in the workplace and decisions of Japanese courts and authorities that modify past rulings. Labor disputes are growing rapidly with a number of new labor cases heard in recent years by courts or labor tribunals in Japan. We have the experience to advise businesses of all sizes and in all industries to uncover, understand, and address all types of risks relating to labor law.
Effective, practical, and innovative advice in a comprehensive range of labor matters
A company’s initial steps to preserve evidence are especially important in cases of employee fraud, and companies are significantly affected by how well or poorly they handle fact-finding investigations and media relations. We are able to provide prompt and extensive support in handling employee fraud cases based on our abundant experience.
Harassment in the workplace is a compliance issue that affects nearly every company, and it is essential not only to develop effective preventive measures but also to handle incidents promptly and appropriately when they occur. We assist clients in formulating preventive compliance structures and also in dealing with all types of harassment situations when they arise.
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 13th edition of The Best Lawyers in Japan™ and the inaugural Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Japan™
- Top Rankings Received from The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
- Top Rankings Received from Chambers Asia-Pacific 2022
- Our lawyers were selected in asialaw 2022, the definitive guide to Asia's leading law firms and lawyers
- 13 of our lawyers were selected as Japan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2021 in Asia Business Law Journal
- Jul. 8, 2019External Seminars
- "The Latest Trend and Practical Issues over Whistleblowing System - with Certification of Whistleblowing System, Amendment to the Act on the Protection of Whistleblowers, and Global Whistleblowing System -"
- Jan. 16, 2014MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 5: Mexico]
- Jan. 10, 2014 - Jan. 11, 2014External Seminars
- "Enterprise Law Conference"
- Dec. 19, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 4: Turkey]
- Dec. 5, 2013MHM Seminars
- Global Legal Affairs Seminar [Part 3: Brazil]
- Magazine Article
- "Q&A: Recent Practical Measures Regarding Worker Dispatching and Delegation of Services"
- Magazine Article
- "Lecture on Legal Basics for the Practice of Law (81): Foreign Workers"
- "Lawyer's Selection: Important Court Decisions on Labor - Vol. 309 : The Case of Former Representative Director of Eishin Trust (Claim Against Former Representative Director for Compensation Equivalent to Unpaid Extra Wages)"
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Employment & Labour Law 2022 - Expert Analysis Chapter"
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Employment & Labour Law 2022 - Japan Chapter"