Supporting clients in their compliance with complex regulatory regimes
Seasoned advice in the area of financial regulation and communications with regulatory authorities
World-class solutions for life and non-life global insurance businesses
Leading-edge legal support for the increasingly complex and globalized field of payment transactions
High-value assets require well-regarded lawyers with extensive transaction experience
Tourism and business relevant to inbound are quite active in recent Japan because of government-wide policies and 2020 Olympic games in Tokyo. At the same time, more and more clients need legal advice for specific matters in accordance with the introduction of new laws and regulations such as Private Accommodation Business Act and Travel Agency Law.
A full service firm with practice areas crucial for matters relating to consumer law, including general corporate, dispute avoidance and resolution, and regulatory compliance
We provide one-stop services based on the latest knowledge in the automotive, aviation and maritime areas, where technological innovation is advancing.
Providing professional and detailed legal support telecommunications and radio wave-related industries
Regulatory/Regulated Transactions：Legal Topics
- New Exemptions to Attract Foreign Investment Managers
- Lowering the Entry Barrier for Foreign Asset Management Firms: Introduction of the “Financial Market Entry Office”
- Fintech Newsletter - Publication of Cabinet Order and Cabinet Office Ordinance on the Revision of the Payment Services Act 2020
- 13 of our lawyers were selected as Japan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2021 in Asia Business Law Journal
- Public Service
- The "Guidelines for NFT Businesses," in which Masafumi Masuda was involved in the formulation as Legal Counsel of the NFT Subcommittee, is released by Japan Cryptoasset Business Association (JCBA)
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 12th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2021
- Hiroki Habuka is listed in “Agile 50: The World’s 50 Most Influential People Revolutionising Government”
- Jun. 17, 2021External Seminars
- "2021 RegTech Summit"
- Jun. 8, 2021External Seminars
- "Adaptive innovation: making responsive and agile practices sustainable in the public sector"
- Dec. 10, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Affairs for Digital Platform Businesses"
- Nov. 18, 2020External Seminars
- "Charting a way out of complexity: Portfolios, Systems and Anticipation"
- Sep. 29, 2020External Seminars
- "Japan Drone 2020 Drone Innovation Seminar “Legal risks and interpretations of drones from skilled pilots and lawyers”"
- Magazine Article
- "Considerations Regarding Insider Trading - In Light of Recent Trends"
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Data Protection 2021 - Japan chapter"
- "Global rules on foreign direct investment - Japan Chapter"
- "Getting the Deal Through - Healthcare M&A 2021 - Japan Chapter"
- "The Financial Technology Law Review Fourth Edition - Japan Chapter"