Supporting clients in their compliance with complex regulatory regimes
Seasoned advice in the area of financial regulation and communications with regulatory authorities
World-class solutions for life and non-life global insurance businesses
Leading-edge legal support for the increasingly complex and globalized field of payment transactions
High-value assets require well-regarded lawyers with extensive transaction experience
Tourism and business relevant to inbound are quite active in recent Japan because of government-wide policies and 2020 Olympic games in Tokyo. At the same time, more and more clients need legal advice for specific matters in accordance with the introduction of new laws and regulations such as Private Accommodation Business Act and Travel Agency Law.
Legal services tailored for the medical field, including pharmaceuticals and equipment manufacturers, bio-ventures, and medical institutions
A full service firm with practice areas crucial for matters relating to consumer law, including general corporate, dispute avoidance and resolution, and regulatory compliance
We provide one-stop services based on the latest knowledge in the automotive, aviation and maritime areas, where technological innovation is advancing.
Providing professional and detailed legal support telecommunications and radio wave-related industries
Regulatory/Regulated Transactions：Legal Topics
- New Regulations on Payment and Settlement and Cross-Sectional Financial Services Intermediaries (The Amendment of the Payment Services Act and the Act on Sales, etc. of Financial Instruments)
- MOF Released Draft Rules and Regulations to Implement New Japanese FDI Regulations
- Bill on Amendment to Japanese FDI Regulations
- Top Rankings in "asialaw Profiles 2021"
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2020
- Interview of Yohsuke Higashi and Shintaro Okawa were featured in a M&A Online article about “Revisions to the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act and Strengthened Foreign Investment Regulations” published on December 20, 2019
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the 10th edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
- Aug. 28, 2020External Seminars
- "Challenge of MONET Technologies and Legislative Developments Aimed at Carrying forward MaaS"
- May 20, 2020External Seminars
- "Disrupted industries – the example of the automotive industry, Part of the Virtual Entrepreneurship Conference"
- Feb. 11, 2020External Seminars
- "Investing in Japan’s Hospitality Business – What you need to know"
- Oct. 29, 2019MHM Seminars
- "Recent Trends Concerning the Prior Notification and Screening System under the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act - Revisions in May and September, Upcoming Revisions, and Recent Trends in the Prior Notification and Screening System"
- Jun. 12, 2019External Seminars
- "Recent developments in financial administration and challenges for internal audits"
- "Guide for New Entry into Outer Space Related Businesses - Utilization and Examination of Commercialization of In-house Technologies and Satellite Data for "NewSpace""
- Magazine Article
- "Amendments to the Civil Aeronautics Act Introduce Registration System for Drones and Basic Policy Measures to Achieve Level 4"
- "Impact of Financial Service Intermediary Act on insurers"
- "Cryptoassets Law"
- Magazine Article
- "Latest Legislative Developments Aimed at Realizing MaaS"