Utilizing our legal and tax knowledge and an international network of relevant professionals to provide strategic advice to our high net worth clients
We count among our clients a number of high net worth individuals who seek the strategic advice of our tax practitioners. The firm offers tailor-made solutions to address the diverse needs of these individual clients, who include private business owners, founders and major shareholders of listed companies, and private investors. Our services in this area are many and varied and include business succession planning, setting up trust funds to secure assets, advice for Japanese residents investing overseas, support in cross-border inheritance cases, and advice for high net worth, non-resident individuals investing in Japan. The Wealth Management Practice Group includes lawyers and tax accountants who are well-versed in Japanese and international corporate reorganizations, M&A, trusts, asset taxation, and international taxation. They also coordinate when necessary with a network of overseas firms and professionals.
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers High Net Worth 2022
- Top Rankings Received from The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
- 13 of our lawyers were selected as Japan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2021 in Asia Business Law Journal
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers High Net Worth 2021
- Public Service
- Firm's lawyers and licensed tax accountants submit a report for "Research on on Double Taxation Adjustment for Dividends and Taxation on Capital Gains and Losses from Transfer of Shares" commissioned by the Ministry of Finance
- Sep. 9, 2020External Seminars
- "Governance & Succession - Philippines and Japan"
- Jul. 1, 2020External Seminars
- "Thailand Private Client - Virtual Round Table"
- Mar. 2, 2017External Seminars
- "Hard Brexit" - Your new location: The Netherlands Tax and Legal Aspects -
- "Chambers Global Practice Guides Private Wealth 2022 - Japan Chapter"
- Magazine Panel Discussion
- "Law Firms as Workplaces Providing Certified Tax Accountants with Active Career Paths"
- "Introduction of IT procedures under Real Estate Brokerage Act and Act on Land and Building Leases (Part 2)"
- "Introduction of IT procedures under Real Estate Brokerage Act and Act on Land and Building Leases (Part 1)"
- Book Article
- "M&A Strategies from both a Tax and Legal Perspective - Third edition"