We provide comprehensive legal support for clients conducting business in Thailand, drawing on our considerable “on-the-ground” knowledge and capabilities in Thailand augmented by our recent business integration with a leading Thai law firm.
We were one of the first Japanese law firms to develop expertise in Thailand, having seconded our lawyers to leading law firms in Thailand since the early 2000s prior to establishing our own presence in Bangkok in 2012.
In January 2017, we established Chandler MHM Limited (“CMHM”) by integrating our office in Bangkok with a leading Thai law firm, Chandler & Thong-ek Law Offices Limited. The integration has enabled us to establish a stronger presence in the Thai legal market and enhances our ability to meet the varied demands for legal services in the region. Our team of more than 50 lawyers in Thailand is internationally recognized for their legal expertise in banking and finance, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, securities, dispute resolution, restructuring and insolvency, tax and regulatory law – with a focus on complex, cross-border, international business transactions.
As a result of favorable business developments in Thailand, including a lowering of corporate tax rates, we have seen an increase in demand for legal assistance with large-scale matters, such as acquisitions of publicly-traded companies, real estate property developments, energy development projects, and auctions of government-owned companies. Based on our years of experience in and commitment to the Thai legal market, we, through CMHM, are able to offer a full range of legal services – from assistance with large-scale M&A transactions and energy development projects, to advising on employment issues, legal compliance, and other general corporate matters.
- MHM COVID-19 Updates in Asia (April 2020)
MHM Asian Legal Insights Special Edition Vol.3 (April 2018)
Arbitration in Thailand
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2020
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2019
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2018
- Jul. 1, 2020External Seminars
- "Thailand Private Client - Virtual Round Table"
- Jul. 17, 2019MHM Seminars
- "New personal data protection law in Thailand"
- Jul. 15, 2019MHM Seminars
- "Data Protection Developments in Japan and Thailand (with Singapore Case Study)"
- Sep. 29, 2017MHM Seminars
- CMHM Seminar “Key Features of and Latest Updates to the Anti-Competition Law”
- Jun. 7, 2017MHM Seminars
- CMHM Seminar "Key features and latest updates of the Labour Protection Act"
- "Guide to Current Thai Business Laws - Second edition"
- Magazine Transcript
- "Monthly Meeting in August: Special Lecture Record for Special Lecture II - Issues in Compliance with Global Data Protection Law and Practical Viewpoints Related to Data Protection Due Diligence for M&A"
- Magazine Article
- "Key Points in Practice for Non-Resident Real Estate Development Business in Thailand, and Outline of Thai REIT"
- "Real Estate Law in Asia – Guidance for Real Estate and Infrastructure Business"
- Magazine Article
- "Legal management for overseas subsidiaries"