Broad experience in providing support for the restructuring and rehabilitation of businesses
The success of our sizable insolvency practice is a result of our broad experience in representing different parties in bankruptcy disputes and claim collection activities. We act on behalf of debtors, creditors, and financial advisers, in all types of Japanese bankruptcy and reorganization proceedings, out-of-court workouts, and pre-packaged reorganizations involving listed companies and small and medium-sized enterprises. Our lawyers also serve as administrative receivers and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings.
We draw upon the expertise of our corporate, M&A, and finance practices in increasingly complex insolvency cases. We are consistently retained in pioneering transactions that involve a variety of corporate, M&A, and financing techniques in conjunction with insolvency proceedings, including corporate demergers, securitizations, debtor-in-possession financings, asset-backed lending, debt-equity swaps, and debtor-in-possession related corporate reorganizations. The depth and breadth of our practice enable us to provide a comprehensive range of services in transactions and proceedings involving financially distressed companies.
We also serve as a one-stop law firm for international insolvency and restructuring cases by working in close collaboration with major overseas law firms.
- Top Rankings in "asialaw Profiles 2021"
- 9 lawyers were selected as Japan's top 100 lawyers in Asia Business Law Journal
- High Evaluation Received From asialaw Client Service Excellence 2020
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020
- Jan. 24, 2018External Seminars
- "The reform of the Japanese FSA and challenges for financial institutions"
- Nov. 28, 2017External Seminars
- "The reform of the Japanese FSA and challenges for lending business (Osaka)"
- Nov. 27, 2017External Seminars
- "The reform of the Japanese FSA and challenges for lending business (Tokyo)"
- Oct. 25, 2017External Seminars
- "Recent developments in financial administration and challenges for compliance"
- Jul. 24, 2017External Seminars
- "The frontline of financial monitoring"
- Magazine Article
- "Covid-19's Impact on Financing - Measures to be Taken, Including Business Revitalization Procedures"
- "Electricity Businesses and Bankruptcy and Rehabilitation"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide - Restructuring & Insolvency 2020 - Japan Chapter"
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Aviation Finance & Leasing 2020 - Japan Chapter"
- "International Comparative Legal Guide to: Corporate Recovery & Insolvency 2019 - Japan Chapter"