Support for the development of novel risk management solutions, including insurance schemes using small-amount short-term insurance, telematics insurance, P2P insurance and other instruments similar to insurance
Insurtech has advanced dramatically around the world and brought change to global insurance markets. Novel services using cutting-edge IT, such as new insurance schemes using small-amount short-term insurance, telematics insurance and P2P insurance, are anticipated to continue revolutionizing global insurance markets.
Japanese insurance companies have been increasingly using big data, AI, IoT and other similar tools, while venture companies have begun to generate new types of insurance services, which are drawing attention as they are assimilated into the Insurtech market.
In addition to traditional insurance-related services, such as support for insurance-based litigation and compliance requirements applicable to insurance sales, the firm has experience providing comprehensive solutions in response to a variety of issues within the insurance industry, moving beyond pre-existing legal perspectives to reflect new business trends and regulatory practices both in Japan and overseas.
With significant experience in the insurance industry, we offer comprehensive support from both a legal and business perspective, covering everything from new market entry to business expansion in the Insurtech field.
- Top rankings received from IFLR1000’s thirtieth edition
- Top Rankings in "asialaw Profiles 2021"
- High evaluation received from " Who′s Who Legal: Japan 2020"
- High evaluation received from "Who’s Who Legal: Global 2020"
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Dec. 20, 2018External Seminars
- "The new era of supervisory approaches and challenges for financial institutions"
- Nov. 8, 2018External Seminars
- "JFSA’s new supervisory approaches and challenges for financial institutions"
- Apr. 25, 2018External Seminars
- "ADBI-JFSA-OECD Roundtable on Insurance and Retirement Saving in Asia"
- Jan. 24, 2018External Seminars
- "The reform of the Japanese FSA and challenges for financial institutions"
- Magazine Article
- "The Pertinence of Insurance Business to Diversifying Insurance Services (Part 2) - Interpretations that May Change with the Development of IT Business"
- Magazine Article
- "The Pertinence of Insurance Business to Diversifying Insurance Services (Part 1) - Whether the Rise of InsurTech Falls Under the Category of Insurance Business"
- "Impact of Financial Service Intermediary Act on insurers"
- "Course for Improving Skills Selling Customer-Oriented Insurance Policies Denominated in Foreign Currencies"
- "The Financial Technology Law Review Third Edition - Japan Chapter"