Settlement and Funds Transfers
Support for regulatory licenses, business development and other facets of payment services, such as cashless settlement, electronic money, point-based systems and payment acceptance, as well as funds transfer services, including overseas and person-to-person remittances
Ongoing legal reforms in the area of cashless settlements have given rise to increasingly diverse and complex payment and funds transfer methods, including electronic money (prepaid card and fund transfer services), deferred payment, debit cards, prepaid wages, “payroll cards” and other new services. These reforms have opened the way for many new market participants in addition to traditional financial institutions.
We offer a broad range of regulatory and transactional support in this field, including preparation of regulatory applications and notifications, negotiation with regulatory agencies, establishment of internal corporate frameworks, preparation and review of contract-related documentation and compliance with new regulations. We provide assistance with the full range of tasks that must be completed before the launch of the business.
We also advise on the regulatory aspect of mergers and acquisitions in this field.
We have significant experience supporting entry into and expansion within the Japanese market by global financial service providers, offering real-time practical and strategic advice.
Settlement and Funds Transfers：People
Settlement and Funds Transfers：Newsletters
- FINANCIAL REGULATION BULLETIN
- Fintech Newsletter - Publication of Cabinet Order and Cabinet Office Ordinance on the Revision of the Payment Services Act 2020
Settlement and Funds Transfers：News
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2023
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2022
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2020
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2019
Settlement and Funds Transfers：Seminars
- Nov. 3, 2022External Seminars
- 『Policy Trend and Current Discussion on Metaverse in Japan』
Settlement and Funds Transfers：Publications
- "Legal Issues Concerning Transactions in Virtual Spaces"
- "Global Legal Insights - Fintech 2022 - Vietnam Chapter"
- Magazine Article
- "The Financial Technology Law Review Fifth Edition - Japan Chapter"
- "NFT Business: An Explanation Using Pictures"
- Book Article
- "Legal Affairs for Platform Businesses [2nd ed.]"