Tapping our expertise and extensive experience in cybersecurity laws and regulations to support clients’ risk management, information security management systems, and cybersecurity incident response capabilities
In recent years, cyber threats have become and continue to become progressively serious and common as technologies (e.g., 5G, AI, IoT, fintech, and robotics) continue to develop. Companies increasingly need to take cybersecurity measures to combat these threats. Governments, too, are adopting and implementing various laws, regulations and guidelines to promote cybersecurity.
There are a few crucial things to keep in mind in implementing appropriate cybersecurity measures. First, you need to be aware that you cannot reduce the risk of an incident to zero. Second, companies must establish a system that can properly manage risks related to various cyber threats. Third, one crucial objective of cybersecurity measures is to minimize the damage that a cyber incident may cause, including significant disruption to business operations, financial damage, and damage to reputation.
We provide accurate legal advice in a variety of situations to support clients in establishing their cybersecurity measures as well as in crafting their response to cybersecurity incidents.
- Aug. 12, 2020External Seminars
- "The Data Security issue in IOT Devices"
- "The GDR Insight Handbook 2021 – Japan: Cybersecurity"
- Book Article
- "Changing Rules - Business Laws as a Strategic Weapon"
- "Cybersecurity Case Studies Measures to Counter Diversifying Cyber Threats"
- Magazine Article
- "Explained with Q&A: Top 10 Legal Consultation Areas for "DX""
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Cybersecurity 2021 - Japan Chapter"