Data Protection and Privacy
Expertise in leveraging user information while protecting your business
Our firm works closely with clients who are active in traditional and email direct marketing and online marketing, and advises on the collection, analysis, and use of personal data. Many of our clients provide online services that rely on users’ personal information and on tracking user activity. We assist our clients in navigating the evolving legislative response to concerns over personal privacy and data security, especially cyber security.
Data Protection and Privacy：People
Data Protection and Privacy：News
- High evaluation received from " Who′s Who Legal: Japan 2020"
- High evaluation received from "Who’s Who Legal: Global 2020"
- Comments by Atsushi Okada were featured in a OneTrust DataGuidance article titled "Japan: Parliament passes bill to amend APPI" published on June 5, 2020
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top rankings received in The Nikkei's "Corporate Legal Affairs and Lawyer Survey 2019"
Data Protection and Privacy：Seminars
- Sep. 10, 2020External Seminars
- "Dispute Settlement in the Digital Economy"
- Aug. 20, 2020External Seminars
- "Japanese Privacy Laws: What is the Impact of the New Amendments?"
- Aug. 12, 2020External Seminars
- "The Data Security issue in IOT Devices"
- Feb. 19, 2020External Seminars
- "Data protection regulations in the pharmaceutical industries ~Japan, Thailand and USA~"
- Jan. 31, 2020External Seminars
- "Legal Frontier in AI, IoT and Big Data, and new regulations for digital markets"
Data Protection and Privacy：Publications
- "Cyber Incident Response and Data Breach Notification (Japan)"
- "Information Security Considerations (Japan)"
- Magazine Article
- "Corporate Legal Affairs Frontier : Amendment of Act on Protection of Personal Information in 2020"
- "Practical Tips for Compliance with California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)"
- "Mondaq Comparative Guides Cybersecurity - Japan Chapter"