Seasoned advice in the area of financial regulation and communications with regulatory authorities
We provide comprehensive advice to banks, insurance companies, securities broker-dealers, and other financial institutions. We advise on corporate matters, financial regulations, governmental authorizations, and compliance. We assist financial institutions in developing and updating their compliance systems, corporate management systems, and other organizational structures, and advise them on communication strategy with supervisory authorities. We also handle mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and integrations of financial institutions.
In recent years, the financial authorities in Japan have been actively encouraging financial institutions to pursue best practices. The number of financial institutions subjected to significant penalties or administrative sanctions is increasing. We assist our clients in coping with these developing trends, regulations, practices, and challenges by providing comprehensive legal services tailored to their specific situations and needs.
Financial Regulation：Legal Topics
- Revision of Prior Notification System under the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act: Disclosure of Draft Amendments to Cabinet Orders, Ministerial Ordinances and Public Notices (Breaking News)
- Update: Japanese HFT Regulations to Take Effect in April 2018
- The new High Frequency Trading (HFT) regulations introduced by the amendment to the law
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers FinTech 2021
- Hiroki Aoyama named to Global Banking Regulation Review's "45 under 45" survey
- Top Rankings in "asialaw Profiles 2021"
- Comments by Masahito Saeki were featured in a NIKKEI REAL ESTATE MARKET REPORT article titled "Aftermath of Corona Virus. Who bears the risk for the rent reduction. Owners are troubled against request from tenants." published on June 20, 2020
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Dec. 1, 2020External Seminars
- "Compliance Seminar for the Management (80th)"
- Feb. 14, 2020External Seminars
- "Compliance Seminar for the Management (79th)"
- Dec. 3, 2019External Seminars
- "Compliance Seminar for the Management (78th)"
- Sep. 6, 2019External Seminars
- "Compliance Seminar for the Management (77th)"
- Jun. 12, 2019External Seminars
- "Recent developments in financial administration and challenges for internal audits"
- "Chambers Global Practice Guides Insurance & Reinsurance 2021 - Japan Trends and Developments"
- Magazine Article
- "Corporate Legal Affairs: Recent Trends Regarding STOs (Security Token Offerings)"
- Book Article
- "Changing Rules - Business Laws as a Strategic Weapon"
- Magazine Article
- "Syndicate Loans and Permanent Cessation of Publication of LIBOR"
- "Insurance solicitation using web conferencing systems"