High-value assets require well-regarded lawyers with extensive transaction experience
We have a leading real estate practice with experience in advising clients in all real estate related matters, whether it is a sale and purchase of real property, a lease and brokerage transaction, the development of an office building or other commercial facility, an investment in a real estate trust in Japan or overseas, or a land rezoning and urban redevelopment project. We deliver legal services tailored to an industry that is subject to multiple players, diverse regulations, and complex structuring.
- Reform of the Article 63 Exemption under the FIEL – from a real estate fund practice perspective
- Proposed Reform of the Article 63 Exemption under the FIEL from a real estate fund perspective
- Towards J-REITs’ Acquisition of Overseas Real Property
- High evaluation received from "Who’s Who Legal: Japan 2021"
- Top rankings received from IFLR1000’s 31st edition
- 13 of our lawyers were selected as Japan’s Top 100 Lawyers 2021 in Asia Business Law Journal
- Lawyers from Mori Hamada & Matsumoto were included in the 12th edition of The Best Lawyers™ in Japan
- Top Ranking Received From The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021
- Apr. 22, 2021External Seminars
- "PropTech for Good in JAPAN"
- Feb. 11, 2020External Seminars
- "Investing in Japan’s Hospitality Business – What you need to know"
- Nov. 1, 2017External Seminars
- "Real Estate & Renewable Energy In Malaysia & Japan: Legal Insights (Kuala Lumpur)"
- Oct. 31, 2017External Seminars
- " Real Estate & Renewable Energy In Malaysia & Japan: Legal Insights (Penang)"
- Magazine Other
- "Analysis of Laws: Amendment to the Civil Code and Real Property Registration Act to Facilitate Utilization of Land of Unknown Ownership"
- "Commentary: Measures for Land of Unknown Ownership 3 - Vesting Unnecessary Land in the National Treasury (Act on Vesting Succeeded Land in the National Treasury, etc.)"
- "Commentary: Measures for Land of Unknown Ownership 2 - Mandatory Registration of Succession (Amendment to the Real Property Registration Act)"
- "Commentary: Measures for Land of Unknown Ownership 1 - Revision of Co-ownership System (Amendment to the Civil Code)"
- Magazine Article
- "Amendment to the Civil Code and Real Property Registration Act (Regarding Land of Unknown Ownership)"