My primary practice areas are banking, structured finance, derivatives and other financing transactions, as well as financial regulations and compliance, in Japan and overseas. I am also active in the wider areas of private equity, energy and crisis management.
- Regulatory/Regulated Transactions
- Thailand Practice
- Indonesia Practice
- India Practice
- Philippines Practice
- Vietnam Practice
- Malaysia Practice
- EU Practice
- Latin America Practice
- Russia/CIS Practice
- Singapore Practice
- Israel Practice
- Sri Lanka Practice
- Africa Practice
- Turkey/Middle East Practice
- Cambodia Practice
- Laos Practice
- Bangladesh Practice
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Global 2019
- Top Ranking Received From Chambers Asia Pacific 2019
- Top rankings received from Best Lawyers in the Ninth edition of "The Best Lawyers in Japan"
Akira Ehira：Legal Topics
- Dec. 20, 2018External Seminars
- "The new era of supervisory approaches and challenges for financial institutions"
- Nov. 8, 2018External Seminars
- "JFSA’s new supervisory approaches and challenges for financial institutions"
- Jun. 18, 2018External Seminars
- "Recent developments in financial administration and challenges for internal audits"
- Magazine Article
- "JFSA's Supervisory Approaches to Compliance Risk Management: Expansion of Scope and Changes in Quality for Compliance Risk Management"
- Magazine Article
- "JFSA’s supervisory approaches - Replacing checklists with engagement"
- "Legal 500 Banking & Finance"
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1996)
- with The Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, Ltd. (1996-1998)
- Columbia University School of Law (LL.M., 2007)
- with Allen & Overy LLP, London (2007-2008)
- with the Financial Services Agency (2012)
- China & Asia Practice Group
- Structured Finance Practice Group
- Financial Regulations/Financial Law Study Group
- Venture Business/Equity Fund Practice Group
admitted in Japan, 2002; New York, 2008
Tokyo Bar Association
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), 2013