Shintaro Okawa handles cross-border M&A and transactions, and related compliance issues. He especially has extensive experience in national security regulations such as FDI regulations, export controls and economic sanctions of Japan, US and other major countries. He also offers advice on human rights issues in corporate activities. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- International Practice
- Interview of Yohsuke Higashi and Shintaro Okawa were featured in a M&A Online article about “Revisions to the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act and Strengthened Foreign Investment Regulations” published on December 20, 2019
- Comments by Yohsuke Higashi and Shintaro Okawa were published in the Nikkei Online edition in an article
- Firm News
- 29 new lawyers joined Mori Hamada & Matsumoto
- Oct. 29, 2019MHM Seminars
- "Recent Trends Concerning the Prior Notification and Screening System under the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act - Revisions in May and September, Upcoming Revisions, and Recent Trends in the Prior Notification and Screening System"
- Sep. 30, 2019MHM Seminars
- "Business-Related Legal Affairs and Compliance in Argentina: Fundamentals and Recent Trends"
- Book Article
- "Practical Formats for Crisis Management Cases"
- "Revisions to the Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act - Impacts on the Prior Notification and Screening System Regarding Inward Direct Investment, Etc."
- Book Other
- "A Collection of Regulations in the Age of "Working-Style Reform""
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 2015)
- currently assigned to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry as a fixed-term government employee (2019-)
admitted in Japan, 2016
Daini Tokyo Bar Association